IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
onthegas7j (Offline)
  #1 5/10/11 3:08 PM
Hows he been, any new news on him, last i new he was better, but is he lookin to climb back in a car or is that feasible?
Seadog (Offline)
  #2 5/10/11 3:14 PM
Originally Posted by onthegas7j:
Hows he been, any new news on him, last i new he was better, but is he lookin to climb back in a car or is that feasible?
I'm pretty sure he's raced since his highway accident happened.
tq11 (Offline)
  #3 5/10/11 3:47 PM
ya he won at iowa speedway his first race back. Not sure what he is doing now.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #4 5/10/11 4:00 PM
last june he got arrested for drunk driving and marijuana.i am not sure for if the charges stuck.
Stagger (Offline)
  #5 5/10/11 4:14 PM
WOW that is sad. You would think that after his accident that damn near killed him he would not drive while drunk. Even if it was knocked down to an OUI you would think he would have known better. Don't care about the pot charge " Really not a big deal" but the DUI OUI whatever is pretty sad.

Like they say " A drunk driver will blow a stop sign and kill someone but a stoned driver will sit at the stop sign and wait till the sign turns green"
2 Likes: mod4s, spicoli
racer-x (Offline)
  #6 5/11/11 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by stagger:
wow that is sad. You would think that after his accident that damn near killed him he would not drive while drunk. Even if it was knocked down to an oui you would think he would have known better. Don't care about the pot charge " really not a big deal" but the dui oui whatever is pretty sad.

Like they say " a drunk driver will blow a stop sign and kill someone but a stoned driver will sit at the stop sign and wait till the sign turns green"
great quote!!!
Russ (Offline)
  #7 5/11/11 3:04 AM
Cameron Dodson had or has some talent. But I don't think he ever appreciated all the golden opportunities he was given. I remember the first time I seen him at the Kokomo Speedway he was in a mini-sprint. That mini-sprint operation was worth more than any of the full blown sprint operations in the pits that night. His dad supplied him with the best of everything. After that he was running a #37 winged sprint and that whole operation was on par with anything the full time All Star drivers had. I not sure if his dad was funding that too or not, but it was somebody with deep pockets.
TCreech31 (Offline)
  #8 5/11/11 1:49 PM
it is sad because he was a good driver. All the drivers that show they can run up front and stand on the gas it seems like some of them does not know how good they have have it. not just pionting at dodson. the piont is that there are so many drivers and kids who work so hard to even tryto get where these guys are or were. I just dont get it. If these guys know how hard it is to get there and how much money it takes maybe the resaults would be diff if the money was comingout of the own wallet. I myself hav been paying for my racing 100% out of my wallet for the last 5 years and it isnt easy, sometimes u half to sit a year out or a week at a time. I have a lot of respect for my parents to have put so much behind them so many years to help for live the dream and to get me where i am. But they also have there lives to live and if i want to do the racing thing it should be up to me. I just wish wish all this talent these guys would think twice about there thoughts. It would be a diff outcome if it would be out of there wallets
3 Likes: Need For Speed, racephoto1, TNRustler