IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flip the Switch INDYTV Sunday 11am on WNDY 23
3/23/11, 2:39 PM   #1
Flip the Switch INDYTV Sunday 11am on WNDY 23
Jackslash.com

“Indiana Sprint Car racing lands local TV time slot”
(Brownsburg, In.)
By Monica Jennings (APP Staff Writer)

Brownsburg, Indiana production company Jackslash Media Inc. and WNDY 23 (Indianapolis) have inked a deal to feature 12 half hour tv shows to air this coming May.

The program is called “Flip the Switch” and it will feature local racing, drivers, and personalities of the Indiana dirt sprint car scene.
“We are very excited to bring local Indiana Dirt Sprint Car racing back to WNDY 23, said show producer Sean Buckley.

Long time “Hoosier” auto racing media guru Danny Layock aired his “Racin with D.O. Show” in the mid 90′s and was a smashing success.
“Our show had a huge following in the Central Indiana area and brought fans out to all of our local tracks such as Bloomington and Putnamville,” said Laycock.

Indiana has a rich tradition of dirt track racing (especially the sprint cars). Fans from around the world come to the “Hoosier State” to watch some of the world’s best sprint car racing.

“Our company (Jackslash Media Inc.) and friend and local businessman Rico Elmore (Fatheadz Eyewear) met with WNDY 23 a few different times and we were able to put a deal together,” said Buckley.

“Flip the Switch” can be scene on WNDY 23 by a vast amount of Central Indiana racefans. From North of Kokomo, to south of Bloomginton, East to Franklin County, and West to Putnam County.
“We have a great opportunity to give our local “sprint scene” a lot of exposure,” said Buckley.”

There is no doubt that Buckley and his group can deliver a quality show. Jackslash.com (a website which Buckley owns and operates) was given three Auto Racing Media Awards for their Indiana Sprint Car coverage in 2010.

For those living outside of Indy, “Flip the Switch” will be available for to watch on Jackslash.com “Flip the Switch” will air Sundays at 11am on WNDY 23 (Indianapolis) this May.

For more information visit: www.jackslash.com and www.myndytv.com
For advertising/sponsor opportunities contact Sean Buckley at gojackslash@yahoo.com

3/23/11, 2:41 PM   #2
Re: Flip the Switch INDY TV
throb

this is awesome news!!! it will give local guys the chance to get some exposure for sure! it might make it more lucrative for a sponsor if they know they might get some "TV time" out of the deal....keep up the good work Buckley!!!

3/23/11, 2:50 PM   #3
reeserx

Man that is awesome! Very very exciting, I will definately be watching every week if I can, good job Sean
Posted using Mobile Device

3/23/11, 3:21 PM   #4
richie

This is great!!

All this great racing right in central Indiana's backyard, and now finally we are getting a great show to cover it on local tv. I was a huge fan of the Racin' with D.O. tv show and cannot wait to see this show as well.

3/23/11, 3:48 PM   #5
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Thanks Buck

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/23/11, 3:54 PM   #6
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Be nice if we could get racin with d o back on tv!

3/23/11, 5:00 PM   #7
D.O.

This is a very good thing for Open Wheel Racing. I enjoyed my success with the TV show that has switched into the webcast on Monday nights.
It takes a lot of commitment to the sport to shoot at least 3 races a week, then edit and voice over into a package for the station. I ran out of gas myself and am very excited to Sean and friends step up to bring Open Wheel Racing back to TV.
I have long said that racing needs to be on TV. How many new fans will be made just from the Sunday moring channel surfers. A lot of people will stumble across the show and some will become fans and some will flip on. Racing on the web you have to find it on a message board or know what your looking for.

Congrats Guys can't wait to see it.

Dan O. Laycock

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, ffrid, jim goerge, Midget 89, mowerman
3/23/11, 5:55 PM   #8
sprint28

Congrats Sean for nailing down the show you do alot for this sport and we are all very appriciative. Brandon
Posted using Mobile Device

3/23/11, 6:12 PM   #9
bradleymotorsports29k

i wish i lived closer i dont think we can see it in aurora

3/24/11, 12:37 AM   #10
Sausage

Congratulations Sean, can't wait to watch the show!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flip the Switch INDYTV Sunday 11am on WNDY 23