IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Corinne Economaki (Offline)
  #1 3/22/11 5:02 PM
Yes, it's true. March 23 was our last issue. We tried to find an angel, but it didn't happen. Sad day for us here at NSSN. And sad for our subscribers. We're scrambling to keep the website up, but don't know yet.
The story is on our site.
26 Likes: 64chevy, AustinSprinter, Barney, Beer Goggles, billwill7, Bobv, cowboyhar69, davidm, dberrio, dirtball, duel, Gregg, grinch, Indy1808, IndyBound, JCC, jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer, racegal, racephoto, ronmil, speed bump, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave, Will Shunk
speed bump (Offline)
  #2 3/22/11 5:23 PM
So sorry to see it end. I have been a subscriber since I got out of the Army in 1964. I will keep up with you on the Internet..
Best of luck to you and all the people there and especially to Chris.
cmakin (Offline)
  #3 3/22/11 5:40 PM
When you think about it, when was the last time you saw the paper for sale at the track? I can say that I have NEVER seen it for sale at any of the Texas tracks that I have been to in the last 20 or so years. Very few of the racers that we have down here even subscribe. Most that I speak with don't (or didn't) know about it or even cared. Very sad, indeed.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Russell Ficklin (Offline)
  #4 3/22/11 5:44 PM
Have read and subscribed to NSSN for almost 50 years now...sorry to see it go...when my racing paper came, it was like an old friend coming by each week...thanks for all the years and best of luck to all.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #5 3/22/11 6:05 PM
Times are tough for print media, but little did I realize how tough until now. You knew you'd made the big time when you were in Speed Sport.
4 Likes: apexonephoto, babcock14d, cmakin
Russell Ficklin (Offline)
  #6 3/22/11 6:11 PM
Hope SC&M and Flatout are not in trouble.
2 Likes: billwill7, jim goerge
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 3/22/11 7:30 PM
Why has nobody asked about the money paid for issues we will now never see? I hate that Speed Sport is gone! I have read it since I was a kid in the 80s! I appreciate the times when I seen my name in there too! Times are tough for everyone though!
Posted via Mobile Device
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #8 3/22/11 7:42 PM
Have been reading NSSN since I was 7 or 8 years old (probably looked at the pictures back then). Sad, sad day indeed. Have been following daily on the web site the past few years. Hope it stays around. Thanks to NSSN for all it has done for all of racing over the years. No doubt the all-time #1 racing publication.
tamati (Offline)
  #9 3/22/11 8:11 PM
sad day indeed.
racefanindy (Offline)
  #10 3/22/11 8:11 PM
Been a subscriber since approx 1977. Sorry to see it end. Best wishes to the Economaki family & the staff at NSSN.