IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #1 2/12/11 10:52 PM
At least it is racing.

Watching someone team up with someone, go to the front. Someone else team up, and go the front. Some else team up and go to the front. No one is able to go to the front by them self today.

Again, at least it is racing. I did enjoy the ARCA race earlier though.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #2 2/12/11 11:09 PM
It was....different...watching cars go 2 by 2 wasn't too exciting for me. Oh well, it's cars on a track, it'll do 'til sprint car season starts.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
3 Likes: jim goerge, oldtimer, terrehautian
dirt330 (Offline)
  #3 2/12/11 11:28 PM
ARCA race was good. Didn't care for style of racing in the Bud Shootout.Put dirt on track and it would be much better racing.
4 Likes: Onlydirt, terrehautian, wildman92, Xflagman
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #4 2/12/11 11:56 PM
Someone should tell NASCAR that train racing has already been done!
2 Likes: oldtimer, Speedwrench
short track scott (Offline)
  #5 2/13/11 1:58 PM
I really got a kick out of watching the show last night. At least it wasn't 41 (or last night 24) cars in a line. I don't see where the Shootout plan will work for 500 miles. I don't see the need to sneak away at lap 35 or 100. The heat damage over the course of the day will cost somebody a good finish imho.

Passing, separation (at least from pair to pair) and unpredictability (Marting turns Kyle Busch? And Busch shrugs it off?) made the Shootout a good race to watch.

Still think I'd rather walk to Gas City.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #6 2/14/11 5:03 AM
What there was a race on? Oh it was napcar no wonder I slept so good
Quantrill (Offline)
  #7 2/14/11 8:43 AM
I did not like the paired up racing. As someone on said on TV who ever the winner is for the 500 you mite as well give a trophy to the 2nd place guy also because with out him they wont win.

ACRA race I was disappointed with. I was waiting for #17 to go racing not just follow the leader. Thats not racing. I think 90% of the field could have stayed tucked up behind the leader the hole race! OK except for milk and donuts!
bojo20 (Offline)
  #8 2/14/11 9:37 AM
That was one dumb,boring race just another Nascar turn off.
duel (Offline)
  #9 2/14/11 11:03 AM
it looked like they were racing limousines or pulling a trailer they were so hooked together. the powers that be are already tweaking the rules after saturday.
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #10 2/14/11 11:26 AM
Was a big NASCAR fan until about 12 years ago. Have not watched a full race in years. Turned on Saturday to see the new surface and thought the two-by-two racing was ridiculous. NASCAR continues to circle the toilet bowl when it comes to true, hardcore racing fans.
8 Likes: duel, jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer, SHORTBUS, Speedwrench, TQ29m