IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Nonwinged Series in Ohio
1/30/11, 11:27 PM   #1
New Nonwinged Series in Ohio
staggerman

Picked up this info from Pitgate.com. Looks to be a new series formed in Ohio planning on a 10 race schedule in 2011.

http://www.buckeyesprints.com

1/30/11, 11:44 PM   #2
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

I know im excited more non wing sprints in ohio. I cant wait to see the schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device

1/30/11, 11:54 PM   #3
Re: New Nonwinged Series in Ohio
DonMoore10

A series with no tire rule. Nice. Can we add the midgets as a support group.

Don Moore

1/31/11, 12:10 AM   #4
hoosierhillbilly

I am glad to see this. I hope they don't step on Waynesfields toes too much though. I would hate to see both suffer low counts on a saturday becasue some cars went BOss and some went Waynesfield.

1/31/11, 10:00 AM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

It will be interesting to see which tracks schedule a non wing show. I know Waynesfield, Millstream and Eldora have non wing on their schedules, but who else will go wingless?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/31/11, 10:09 AM   #6
racerjim2

West Virginia Motor Speedway in Mineralwells, WV have them scheduled on the new 4/10's mile track with a WOO late model show in May.

1/31/11, 10:15 AM   #7
sprinter14

An official announcement will be coming in a few days. We have drivers from 4 states and a few races already confirmed. You can run any tires you want as long as they are commercially available. You must run the same right rear in the heat and feature though. We will be the only group in the country I know of who has all 3 tire manufacturers involved in the series and bonus money will be up for grabs each night to the highest finishing car on each right rear. Steel block bonus of $100 per night to the highest finishing steel block motor. Races will pay $225 to $300 to start. Win money will vary with the tracks but should be between $1200 and $2500 to win.

The season finale will be on Saturday, October 1st, 2011 at Schrader's K-C Raceway, just south of Chillicothe, Ohio.

Thanks

Aaron Fry
740-703-3768
sprinter14@hotmail.com

1/31/11, 10:30 AM   #8
DonMoore10

Congratulations on putting together a series with some common sense.

1/31/11, 11:55 PM   #9
sprinter14

Drivers who have sent in profiles and plan to compete with us so far include: Kirk Jefferies, Todd Keen, Michael Fischesser, Landon Simon, Steve Irwin, JT STapp, and Kory Crabtree. If you sent a profile and your name is not on here, please submit it to sprinter14@hotmail.com or to john@prostardesigns.com. The website had an incorrect e-mail listed. Thanks!

2/1/11, 12:43 AM   #10
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
Drivers who have sent in profiles and plan to compete with us so far include: Kirk Jefferies, Todd Keen, Michael Fischesser, Landon Simon, Steve Irwin, JT STapp, and Kory Crabtree. If you sent a profile and your name is not on here, please submit it to sprinter14@hotmail.com or to john@prostardesigns.com. The website had an incorrect e-mail listed. Thanks!
Please tell me you have been in contact with Greg Shobe owner/promoter of Waynesfield Raceway Park!

WRP needs to be an anchor track for this series

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Nonwinged Series in Ohio