IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2011 Kokomo schedule is up!
1/18/11, 9:24 PM   #1
2011 Kokomo schedule is up!
koolaid89

April 17th – USAC Sprint Cars, Street Stocks & Thunder Cars
April 24th – Off
May 1st – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & UMP Modifieds
May 8th – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & 600 Mini Sprints
May 15th – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & UMRA TQ Midgets
May 22nd – KISS Sprint Cars, Street Stocks & Thunder Cars
May 29th – Kokomo Klassic Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & UMP Modifieds
June 5th – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & MMSA Mini Sprints
June 12th – USAC Midget Week, Sprint Cars & Thunder Cars
June 19th – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & UMP Modifieds
June 26th – Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Car Showdown & I-Mods
July 3rd – Fireworks!!! Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & UMP Modifieds
July 9th (Saturday) – USAC Sprint Week, Street Stocks & Thunder Cars
July 17th – Off
July 24th – Sprint Cars, Street Stock Shootout, Thunder Cars & UMP Modifieds
July 31st – Bob Darland Memorial Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, Thunder Cars & USAC D1 Midgets
August 7th – (TBA)
August 14th – Off
August 21st – Off
August 28th – Off
September 4th - Vince Osman Memorial & Fireworks!!!! Sprint Cars, Street Stocks, & Thunder Cars
October 14th and 15th – Kokomo Klash V

1/19/11, 11:38 AM   #2
Re: 2011 Kokomo schedule is up!
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

1 member likes this post:
1/19/11, 8:01 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

Nice to see a return of the Kokomo Klassic after a way too many year absence. In the pre WOO days that show was on a Wednesday and always had some heavy hitters. In fact at one of the first, is when I first saw Steve Kinser race. He flipped out of the ball park in 3. (before the grain building was there) I talked to Bob Kinser years later, and he told me he thought that was Steve's third or fourth start. Guess I am getting old.

1/19/11, 8:07 PM   #4
Tim Watson

What is the Kokomo Klassic? Is it a higher paying type deal in comparison to the regular Sunday shows?

1/19/11, 9:11 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
What is the Kokomo Klassic? Is it a higher paying type deal in comparison to the regular Sunday shows?
Tim,

As Brent mentioned in the previous post, it used to be held on a Wednesday night. It was one of the biggest shows of the year and always drew a large car count with the grandstands full as well. It was like a traveling series came to town and everyone was there. I remember the Klassics very well and yes I am getting old.

To answer your question Tim, it was a higher paying show and being an "off" night, most of the sprint car drivers made the tow over to Kokomo. Glad to see it return and also glad to see a nice schedule of races at Kokomo again.

I guess the rumors during the off season were true as you can see, three Sunday nights in August the old bullring will be shuttered. Can't blame the O'Connor's though as car counts dropped and butts in the seats became scarce.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/19/11, 9:44 PM   #6
reeserx

I hope it works considering that's on the day of the 500, last year the stands weren't very full if I remember right
Posted via Mobile Device

1/20/11, 1:12 AM   #7
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Maybe the TBA August 7th will be a WOO Show they'll be at Bloomington August 5th

1/20/11, 2:06 PM   #8
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt-track-junkie View Post
maybe the tba august 7th will be a woo show they'll be at bloomington august 5th

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
1/20/11, 2:51 PM   #9
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Maybe the TBA August 7th will be a WOO Show they'll be at Bloomington August 5th
Don't get your hopes up... Just saying....

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
1/20/11, 6:36 PM   #10
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Tim,

As Brent mentioned in the previous post, it used to be held on a Wednesday night. It was one of the biggest shows of the year and always drew a large car count with the grandstands full as well. It was like a traveling series came to town and everyone was there. I remember the Klassics very well and yes I am getting old.

To answer your question Tim, it was a higher paying show and being an "off" night, most of the sprint car drivers made the tow over to Kokomo. Glad to see it return and also glad to see a nice schedule of races at Kokomo again.

I guess the rumors during the off season were true as you can see, three Sunday nights in August the old bullring will be shuttered. Can't blame the O'Connor's though as car counts dropped and butts in the seats became scarce.

Thanks for the info. So will this be an open show? It would be a nice trip since we don't work Monday but we do have some racing that day about an hour from home also.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2011 Kokomo schedule is up!