IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who? - Double Duty @ Gold Crown? Sprints?
9/27/10, 7:30 AM   #1
Who? - Double Duty @ Gold Crown? Sprints?
miledirt

I know that the midget field is already stacked, like a huge Powri, USAC show...

But who will also be running a sprint car on Thurs, Friday night?

9/27/10, 9:16 AM   #2
Re: Who? - Double Duty @ Gold Crown? Sprints?
DonMoore10

According to the promoter's entry blank, anyone racing in 2 classes will pay DOUBLE PIT PASS cash.

9/27/10, 9:46 AM   #3
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Why get involved Don , it doesn't concern you , you're not running anyhow .

1 member likes this post: racefan20
9/27/10, 10:38 AM   #4
Haulerin2deep

I totally agree with Don on this. I have only been asked to pay two pitpasses once before while doing double duty and that was at the old Jacksonville speedway. I told them I would never do it again and I won't. They told me because I was competing for two purses I should have to pay twice.???? (***!!)
First of all a pitpass is not an entry fee. It is for admittance and insurance. Period! Second of all why would anyone charge the people who are the entertainment twice to entertain their audience. I don't get it.
I dont know if Gundakers are indeed charging two pitpasses, I would seem to doubt it because they are usually pretty in touch with their competitors. However if they are indeed charging two pitpasses to one driver it is completely wrong and I would not support it.
Just my opinion. Every one is entitled to theirs. I wish the Gundakers all the best this weekend and hope everyone has a safe and good time.

Chad Branson
Last edited by Haulerin2deep; 9/27/10 at 4:49 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/27/10, 1:46 PM   #5
Nut'n but Dirt

I agree that this is wrong. Let's face it, when the driver brings another whole team with them (which is usually the case), they are bringing approximately 3 or more additional people to pay pit passes that would not have been there. I believe this may hurt their sprint car counts a bit.

9/27/10, 2:02 PM   #6
petey

Didn't realize they were just racing wingless sprints on Thurs. and Fri. I'm going down to West Memphis on Fri. for the ASCS race then plan on coming up to Tri-City on Sat.

Yes I agree with Don on the double pit passes.

9/27/10, 2:13 PM   #7
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep View Post
I totally agree with Don on this. I have only been asked to pay two pitpasses once before while doing double duty and that was at the old Jacksonville speedway. I told them I would never do it again and I won't. It is crap!!! They told me because I was competing for two purses I should have to pay twice.???? (***!!)
First of all a pitpass is not an entry fee. It is for admittance and insurance. Period! Second of all why would anyone charge the people who are the entertainment twice to entertain their audience. I don't get it.
I dont know if Gundakers are indeed charging two pitpasses, I would seem to doubt it because they are usually pretty in touch with their competitors. However if they are indeed charging two pitpasses to one driver it is completely wrong and I would not support it.

Chad Branson
Here is the deal right off of the Gundaker Gold Crown Entry blank available on the Tri City web site:

"If driving more than 1 division a night you must purchase an additional pit pass for each additional class"

9/27/10, 2:17 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If I buy a pit pass as a fan, Just too walk around, Do I have to buy two or three just because there are two or three classes?

IF ITS A ENTRY FEE PER CLASS, PLEASE STATE SO CLEARLY! the two passes for two classes is BULL. They are already making you more money by bring extra crew members, fans and stuff due to more cars.

Back gate BS.

9/27/10, 2:17 PM   #9
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

What with all the belly achingDouble pit pass for 8 guys who probably can afford it(east,loyet,jones,clauson)off the top of my head.IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY DOUBLE, RACE ONE DIVISION.Or run one of the other tracks in the country that lets you race for free

ps Mr Moore if you send in your entry now maybe they will let you run the TULSA SHOOTOUT

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
9/27/10, 4:16 PM   #10
48modracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Here is the deal right off of the Gundaker Gold Crown Entry blank available on the Tri City web site:

"If driving more than 1 division a night you must purchase an additional pit pass for each additional class"
I believe that this is a track rule and is a result of us stock car guys. A lot of guys in the St. Louis area were runing open comp late model, crate late model and dabbling in modifieds. People love to watch a guy run every class, but the idea was to discourage some of the bigger late model guys from running the lower divisions.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who? - Double Duty @ Gold Crown? Sprints?