IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawerencburg updates?
9/4/10, 8:31 PM   #1
Lawerencburg updates?
Stayathomemom

Any updates available?
Last edited by Stayathomemom; 9/4/10 at 9:15 PM.

9/4/10, 10:09 PM   #2

Please up date!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/4/10, 10:25 PM   #3
Re: Lawerencburg updates?
sloppyjoe

Where are the true dirt racing fans with the usual updates? Should have all results by now. Thanks.

9/4/10, 11:12 PM   #4
fishnman

BOBBY EAST WINS FIRST SPRINT FEATURE ON DIRT!!!! Great field of cars.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, skids59
9/4/10, 11:13 PM   #5
FishBurger

26 Cars

Feature

1 - Bobby East #5
2 - Shawn Westerfeld #89
3 - Hunter Scheurenburg #35

Nasty looking flip with 5 to go by Brett Burdette. He climbed out, apparently O.K. Same car he was hurt in last season.

Checkers at 10:45 or so. Lots of yellows in Mod and Purestock B's.

9/4/10, 11:48 PM   #6
Gregg

John Memmer slowed on the backstretch of the final lap finishing last of the 14 or so cars that were on the track. With Andrew Elson finishing 5th the Lawrenceburg title race looks to be all but over.

Congrats to Bobby East in the win. Local product Shawn Westerfeld drove his heart out and hung with Bobby East for the entire race.

Heat winners: Memmer, East and Westerfeld with Brady Short winning the consi.

Despite the holiday weekend and Kentucky Speedway running not far away, tonights attendence looked impressive.
Last edited by Gregg; 9/5/10 at 12:03 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/5/10, 12:18 AM   #7
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
John Memmer slowed on the backstretch of the final lap finishing last of the 14 or so cars that were on the track. With Andrew Elson finishing 5th the Lawrenceburg title race looks to be all but over.

Congrats to Bobby East in the win. Local product Shawn Westerfeld drove his heart out and hung with Bobby East for the entire race.

Heat winners: Memmer, East and Westerfeld with Brady Short winning the consi.

Despite the holiday weekend and Kentucky Speedway running not far away, tonights attendence looked impressive.
Hughes won 1st heat followed by coleman and then memmer thanks for updating
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: spankytoo
9/5/10, 3:40 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Shawn drove a hell of a race and was actually a little faster than East at times. He broke out to a commanding lead and hit traffic which I think was kinda new to him. I said several weeks back that he had new found speed and good enough to win and he ran up on the back marker and got checked up, This allowed Hunter, East and Burdett? To close the gap almost completely. However separation occurred between Shawn and the back marker and he got a little of his lead back before the same thing again happened, This allowed Hunter to dive under and East with even more momentum at the moment went on around both of them. Form there on Shawn was chasing East tail feathers. Gullick came up with about four to go and put a slider on Hunter that was almost textbook JONES but Hunter knew it was coming and drove back under to hang on to third.

Burdette's tumble I only caught the last couple nose to tails but it looked nasty, Glad he seems to be OK! Was sad to see Chad B go out early due to mechanical. Memmer while not as dominant as he has been was running strong until failing on the final couple laps.

I don't know what happened to JJ Hughes but after winning his heat he got crossed up twice on the first lap and fell to about twelfth After he got settled in he ran strong. Just must of missed the setup really bad or something I didn't see.. Bummer, but he's been running so good
Brady Short came from 16th to finish fifth, IDK what happened that he didn't go forward in his heat but by Feature time he was strong!.

Always happy to see Coleman at the track, Good luck Sunday!

Bobby East to me seems ready to capture a USAC National. He's had the pavement edge for awhile and now is strong on dirt. WATCH OUT! and

Mods were at times stellar with a three car battle for the lead in the feature, Other times is was yellow a lap. Think equiptment is just getting wore down.

Bruce won the Pure stock feature after mid race having a major motor issue but it cleared up. It was popping so loud it sounded like a connecting rod slamming the block. But after clearing up it occured to me to probably be a intake lifter sticking and poping thru the carb.. Weird but it cleared and he won and now has a whopping ten point lead going into the final points race.

Wiek a but secured his championship in the mods even though he didn't run the feature, Neither did his competition. STELLAR MOD FIELD tonight.

28 sprints! Love them spring and fall shows. We should run every sunday in Oct. Hotlaps at 2 racing at three! I can dream cant i?

2 members like this post: FishBurger
9/5/10, 11:30 AM   #9
FishBurger

Coupla more thoughts on last night's activities:

+Hope others noticed what a ride Jason Soudrette gave the #71x of Duane Spille. Raced his way into the feature trough the "B" after just missing in his heat. With no disrepect to others who have sat in this seat, this was the best I've seen the car race this season.

+Was hoping for much better luck this week for Chad Boespflug in Bob Gatten's #98. Second in his heat, the redraw started him outside row 1. But an early half spin with a stop in turn 3/4 ruined chances for a win. Enjoyed meeting Mrs. Gatten for the first time.

+After heat race win, I also held high hopes for fellow redhead J.J. Hughes. As Chuck said above, J.J. fell way back at the start, then raced them strong the rest of the way. Like several other young chargers (Grant, Westerfeld, Boespflug, Perry and more), he is oh so close IMO.

+Butch Wilkerson made his way up to our roost in Section "A" just to say "Hi" to IOWers. Much appreciated by Gregg and I, we were only sorry that it was a down week for IOW attendance in "A". Butch is a legitimate legend of Indiana sprint car racing. Regret that I can't adequately describe to younger fans just how good Butch was. He's headed to Haubstadt this a.m. after church. Class guy all the way.

+Nice visit from Charles N. and photog Rick Lane. Anxious to see the shots Rick got from starters stand. The guy is always looking for new vantage points. Might be why he's one of the best.

+Excellent field of cars, great crowd (to my surprise), very nice folks seated all around us, and good racing all night long. Think I may go back.

1 member likes this post: Amatiforever
9/5/10, 1:11 PM   #10
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Coupla more thoughts on last night's activities:

+Hope others noticed what a ride Jason Soudrette gave the #71x of Duane Spille. Raced his way into the feature trough the "B" after just missing in his heat. With no disrepect to others who have sat in this seat, this was the best I've seen the car race this season.

+Was hoping for much better luck this week for Chad Boespflug in Bob Gatten's #98. Second in his heat, the redraw started him outside row 1. But an early half spin with a stop in turn 3/4 ruined chances for a win. Enjoyed meeting Mrs. Gatten for the first time.

+After heat race win, I also held high hopes for fellow redhead J.J. Hughes. As Chuck said above, J.J. fell way back at the start, then raced them strong the rest of the way. Like several other young chargers (Grant, Westerfeld, Boespflug, Perry and more), he is oh so close IMO.

+Butch Wilkerson made his way up to our roost in Section "A" just to say "Hi" to IOWers. Much appreciated by Gregg and I, we were only sorry that it was a down week for IOW attendance in "A". Butch is a legitimate legend of Indiana sprint car racing. Regret that I can't adequately describe to younger fans just how good Butch was. He's headed to Haubstadt this a.m. after church. Class guy all the way.

+Nice visit from Charles N. and photog Rick Lane. Anxious to see the shots Rick got from starters stand. The guy is always looking for new vantage points. Might be why he's one of the best.

+Excellent field of cars, great crowd (to my surprise), very nice folks seated all around us, and good racing all night long. Think I may go back.
Fish and Nung, pretty much sumed it up!! I am wondering if i need to pay them for the writeups? Complete results and stories will be on the website Monday, I was up until 3:30am helping out some racers with problems, and back to clean up at 7am, and now heading out to the Ted Collins Memorial race at Twin Cities to honor a great man.
Thanks everyone who came out to support us last night.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawerencburg updates?