IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown nationals
8/10/10, 9:48 AM   #1
4 crown nationals
ctsprintfanatic

I am really considering going to the four crown this year, as this will be my first trip over to Eldora, any comments or suggestions?

8/10/10, 10:56 AM   #2
Re: 4 crown nationals
Dick Mahoney

Be there for Thursday night for the Hewitt Roast Hear Bob Hampshire roast Jack

8/10/10, 12:03 PM   #3
interpreter66

bring goggle's :2:

4 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, jim goerge, Joe@ScaleSprints, racephoto1
8/10/10, 12:13 PM   #4
t-dog

Save Your Money! Go see weeky show at kokomo or the burg The Big "E" should be called the big Dump

8/10/10, 2:12 PM   #5
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney View Post
Be there for Thursday night for the Hewitt Roast Hear Bob Hampshire roast Jack
I am going to the roast and to The WoO show, because the track will be prepared for The WoO. The USAC show is still pending because of the fiasco they had in April.

8/10/10, 2:15 PM   #6
mikew

Eldora is a fantastic facility and a great place to see a race when the track is prepped right.

Unfortunately, the last several shows I have seen at the place have been atrociously dusty, culminating with the spring race this year which had to be called off due to abysmal track prep. I am not planning on going back anytime soon....

Still, I hope the 4 Crown turns out to be fantastic this year. That might give me confidence to head back to the Big E for some shows next year.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/10/10, 2:15 PM   #7
wideopen24

The Track was awesome at the last non-wing race... The 4 crown is a great race.... the is normally slick because if all the racecars and starting early but its is worth coming to! The april race was a joke but the has been fixed and better then before all year!

8/10/10, 3:11 PM   #8
9racing

Cant be that far from good.. because the Midgets and Silvercrown are going to qualify in between the WOO show on friday.. then rest of 4 crown sat.. If i read that correctly.. Should be a helluva show..

8/10/10, 7:05 PM   #9
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dog View Post
Save Your Money! Go see weeky show at kokomo or the burg The Big "E" should be called the big Dump
As a point of reference, Kokomo runs on Sunday nights and their regular season will be concluded by 4 crown weekend. Also, Lawrenceburg has a TBA on the schedule for that Saturday night, so who knows what they will be running.

The last non-winged show that we attended at Eldora (7/31/10) was very good. The track was racey and the guys put on a great show. They also ran late models as well and the track held up nicely. My hope is that the 4 crown weekend will be as good a show as well.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, IndyBound, jim goerge
8/10/10, 8:14 PM   #10
fishnman

Bring an Oxygen supplied full-face respirator!! I wasn't going but me and the misses recieved our respirators today in the mail. :2:

I honestly believe after last years 4-crown and the fiasco in April, the track should be good. ( I hope)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown nationals