IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just for Fun
8/5/10, 2:07 AM   #1
Just for Fun
Beinthecircle

IF you had unlimited funds and could start a race team with 2 drivers, who would they be. Also, what kind of cars? Would you follow a particular series or just run wherever whenever? Who would you have build your motors? Remember, unlimited funds. I know we did this a while back, just interesting to see what everybody says.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/5/10, 2:41 AM   #2
Re: Just for Fun
Russ

Without a doubt, I would hire Steve and Sammy and run the World of Outlaws tour. I would use Maxim cars with Charlie Fisher motors.

8/5/10, 2:53 AM   #3
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

I would hire Shane Cottle and Danny Schwartz (Modified guy from my home town) and they would be Beast Gaerte Silver Crown cars... Danny's talked about loving the chance to go run a SC car...

8/5/10, 3:06 AM   #4
Beinthecircle

At first I was gonna go non wing with DD and Stanbrough but on second thought, I would take Steve Kinser and Joey Saldana and do the WoO deal. I would love to travel all over the country and see all the different tracks they race on. I'd use Maxims with whatever motors they're using now. Don't fix it if it aint broke!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/5/10, 3:22 AM   #5
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinthecircle View Post
IF you had unlimited funds and could start a race team with 2 drivers, who would they be. Also, what kind of cars? Would you follow a particular series or just run wherever whenever? Who would you have build your motors? Remember, unlimited funds. I know we did this a while back, just interesting to see what everybody says.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I had total UNLIMITED FUNDS..I would start a traveling 360 non wing series....$3000.00 to win...$500.00 to start...$250.00 GARANTEED tow money... 4 free pit passes....1 night free motel room for a 2 night show at 2 different tracks or 2 night stay for a 3 night show 3 different tracks and do a deal for $1.99 a gal fuel cards..If it rains out you would still get tow money....Racers a ENTERTAINERS so WHY should they have to pay to ENTERTAIN the people in the stands??? Dose any other sport CHARGE the PRETISIPATES to play.......name of the series would be OWOW...Outlaws With Out Wings or TOO...The Original Outlaws...The Series would have 5 areas...South East..North East...Mid West and West Coast...all regional events all pay the same....you will have a points system but NO POINT FUND instead the top 10 of each region would get an invite a to the National Finals .... 50 cars racing for $50,000.00 to win and $1,000.00 to start....$500.00 tow money (rest of the field)...there would be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO PROVISIONALS PERIOD!!!!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

8/5/10, 7:57 AM   #6
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

SAMMY WHOOOOOOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Without a doubt, I would hire Steve and Sammy and run the World of Outlaws tour. I would use Maxim cars with Charlie Fisher motors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNeI...eature=related

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Daron clayton for usac non wing title..

1 member likes this post: skids59
8/5/10, 8:05 AM   #7
Seadog

Dave Steele & Tracy Hines in IndyCar.

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
8/5/10, 8:43 AM   #8
IndyBound

One of my recent fantasies is to be a multi millionaire and buy Oswego Speedway, have no mortgage on the track, have unlimited funds to make the improvements to the facility that I feel are needed and most importanly increase the purses for all events held at the track. The only way I see to increase car counts in any racing division is with higher purses spread through out the field not just paying more to win.

Then if I still had lots and lots of money left over I would provide Davey Hamilton with a full time Indy car ride.

Patti

8/5/10, 11:25 AM   #9
carrytheleftfront

I would put myself in a non wing 410 sprint car

8/5/10, 11:39 AM   #10
RGardner

Would run full usac sprint schedule with Kevin Swindell and Casey Shuman. It would be a Sled chassis with Foxco power on the dirt. Beast on the pavement. And of course I would run a 3rd car for myself!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just for Fun