IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac Announces Schedule Enhancements
7/28/10, 4:47 PM   #1
Usac Announces Schedule Enhancements
USAC Developmental

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 27, 2010
DICK JORDAN

USAC ANNOUNCES ENHANCEMENTS TO 2010 SILVER CROWN SCHEDULE

The United States Auto Club has announced several schedule modifications to the 2010 Silver Crown Championship slate, including the addition of the “Rollie Beale 150” at the Toledo (Ohio) Speedway October 16 and the rescheduling of the rain-postponed “Sumar Classic 100” at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track, now scheduled for October 9. Along with these announced schedule additions, the Oswego, N.Y. race originally scheduled August 4 has been cancelled.

“We are pleased to announce the series’ debut at Toledo, which has been an exciting racing venue for our pavement sprints and midgets for many years and the new date for the “Sumar Classic 100,” added Jason Smith. Senior Vice President of USAC Racing. The return of the “Sumar Classic” to Terre Haute continues a tradition begun in 1995 while the Toledo race builds on USAC’s heritage at the Ohio oval while inaugurating a brand-new Silver Crown tradition on the popular season-ending date at the Speedway.”

Beale won the USAC National Sprint Car Championship in 1973 and recorded 32 feature victories during his USAC career. In addition, he competed in numerous USAC Silver Crown races and served for several years as USAC’s Silver Crown and Sprint Car Chief Steward.

The USAC Silver Crown Championship Series now turns its focus to the August 12 race at Berlin Raceway in Marne, Mich., another race new to the USAC schedule in 2010.

--USAC--
Last edited by USAC Developmental; 7/28/10 at 4:48 PM.

7/28/10, 5:23 PM   #2
Re: Usac Announces Schedule Enhancements
terrehautian

Yes, officially, another race that I can attend since it isn't when I am working.

7/28/10, 6:22 PM   #3
D.O.

Isn't that the same weekend as the Brownstown FunFest too?

7/28/10, 6:32 PM   #4
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
Isn't that the same weekend as the Brownstown FunFest too?
Oct 9th - "Fun Fest" Weekend
More info TBA

7/28/10, 6:41 PM   #5
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

nice i like the addition of toledo. now all we need is winchester at the end of october.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: 64chevy
7/28/10, 6:56 PM   #6
ISF

Oh well, I'll just have to watch the highlights on USAC Live. We really hope these races draw great crowds!

7/28/10, 7:21 PM   #7
Vukie

Former USAC Silver Crown track to be sold?
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/node.php?id=4982

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/28/10, 10:02 PM   #8
Hank P.

Would Toledo be kind of a small track for Silver Crown cars? I have never been to the Toledo track but just wondering. In any event I'm glad to hear they have both Terre Haute and Toledo on the schedule.

Hank

7/28/10, 10:59 PM   #9
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank P. View Post
Would Toledo be kind of a small track for Silver Crown cars? I have never been to the Toledo track but just wondering. In any event I'm glad to hear they have both Terre Haute and Toledo on the schedule.

Hank
ARCA runs the full size stockers there and it's a really good show, should be a good track for the silver crown cars maybe better than IRP

1 member likes this post: Seadog
7/28/10, 11:22 PM   #10
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank P. View Post

Hank
I'm not a Silver Crown expert, much too young to be a "Champ Car" expert.... But I've been going to Toledo for my entire life, it's a high banked half mile. The AVSS and ISMA/MSA Super shows are always packed. The USAC Sprint/Midget show was this year as well. I'm hoping it doesn't get too cool in October, and that with so few races around some of you Hoosiers will make the trip up. I must admit I have never seen Silver Crown cars on pavement and I will be at this race. The ARCA shows are always good, lots of passing. Toledo is a great track, great lighting, close to I-75.

Darren Hagen taking the Midget feature in front of a full house on July 2nd
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/29/10 at 1:08 AM.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac Announces Schedule Enhancements