IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bobby Geldner Passes
7/7/10, 9:20 AM   #1
Bobby Geldner Passes
sprntr

http://www.jacksonspeedway.com/

Robert “Bobby” Geldner, age 68 of Cleveland, MN died July 5, 2010 at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester after a brief and aggressive battle with lung cancer.

Click to Enlarge these photos.

Visitation will be held from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., Thursday, July 8, 2010 at St. Peter Funeral Home-Klein Chapel and will continue one hour prior to the service at the church. Click Here for Map.

Funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 9, 2010 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church on German Lake, Cleveland, MN. Click Here for Map.

Burial will be in St. Peter's Lutheran Cemetery (The Bell Church) in Elysian.

In lieu of flowers send memorials to the Geldner Sawmill Preservation Fund at Nicollet County Bank, St. Peter, Mn.

Robert Leonard was born November 3, 1941 to Robert Michael and Dorothy (Wiese) Geldner in St. Peter. He graduated from St. Peter High School in 1959. Bobby was united in marriage to Dianne Kral and blessed with four children. He started his own business in 1965, which he ran until the end of his life. Bobby raced cars for over 30 years, starting at age 17, and was an inaugural member of the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series. Bobby's business and racing travels took him around the country and led to a steady accumulation of friends and adventures. He volunteered his time with the Le Sueur County Mounted Sheriff's Posse, the St. Peter Volunteer Fire Department for 18 years, the National Guards for six years, the Le Sueur County Historical Society site of Geldner's Sawmill and was a member of the St. Peter Red Men Club. He was dedicated to the conservation of German and Jefferson Lakes and the preservation of family heritage. Bobby had an endless sense of humor and generous heart that kept him surrounded by friends and family, enjoying the lakes, fishing, driving horses, and life.

Bobby is survived by his four children: Brett (Deb) Geldner, Robyn (Brendan Moore) Geldner, Brandon Geldner, and Ryann (Annie Annunziato) Geldner; three grandchildren: Liam, Gaian, and Breanna; special friend, Corky Biehn; sister, Roberta Mulvehill; niece, Kris Fultz; and two nephews: Scott Fultz and Mark Mulvehill; and, former wife Paula Michael. He was preceded in death by his parents.

Two other races I vividly remember were at North Star Speedway in Minnesota, when Bob Geldner had the nerve—the nerve!—to beat me off the last corner, not once, but TWICE! Actually, when I was growing up around Jackson Speedway, Bob was as good as there was in our area, driving for Loren Woodke. But the fact that he was very good didn’t put any salve on the idea of losing two different races in the last corner. – Quote from Doug Wolfgang in his book “Lone Wolf”, interestingly before the Quote, Doug mentions these vivid memories of getting beat by Geldner, he mentions that he can not remember winning Knoxville!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/7/10, 12:03 PM   #2
Re: Bobby Geldner Passes
graybeard

Bobby was a great guy. I had the pleasure of camping with him and his longtime sponser at Knoxville in about 1980. They had a hell of a time getting Jack McCorkell to quit playing poker long enough to race. What great memories. He was a hell of a racer too!!! R.I.P. BOBBY

7/7/10, 3:40 PM   #3
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Good racer good man! Rip bob
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 7/7/10 at 3:42 PM.

7/8/10, 2:40 PM   #4
smith19

remember seeing bobby race back in the 80's at speedweeks and an apearance at kc raceway. he alway's had a good looking car. back then he was sponsored by budweiser. rip bobby
i believe bobby and jack mcCorkell both drove keith frantzen cars. is keith still around?
Last edited by smith19; 7/8/10 at 3:28 PM.

7/8/10, 3:57 PM   #5
mnnonwing

R.I.P bob, My prayer's go out to brett and the rest of the family!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bobby Geldner Passes