IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tailgating at Anderson
5/27/10, 10:39 AM   #1
Tailgating at Anderson
michiganmadman

Been a few years since I last went, and can't remember if tailgating is allowed. If so, is it ok to consume alcohol? And are coolers allowed into the track? Thanks!

5/27/10, 10:49 AM   #2
Re: Tailgating at Anderson
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmadman View Post
Been a few years since I last went, and can't remember if tailgating is allowed. If so, is it ok to consume alcohol? And are coolers allowed into the track? Thanks!
No coolers in the track.

In the parking lot no problem, there is always a bunch of tail gating.

5/27/10, 10:51 AM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Tailgating is a staple during the Little 500 week. I would recommend parking over in the camping area and picking up after you and your group, but alcohol can be comsumed. No coolers allowed inside the track though. Enjoy the Greatest Short Track Race in the World, the Little 5. We might see you there. Where are your seats?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/27/10, 11:01 AM   #4

camping area looked to be close to half ful last night. Could have just been alittle spread out, but I was impressed with the amount of people already there.

5/27/10, 12:09 PM   #5
michiganmadman

Thanks for all of the info guys! I was last there in 2005, so this is a big treat to go back. We will be sitting in section R row 13 if I recall. Watched from the main grandstand last time so I am looking forward to seeing the race from a different vantage point. With any luck I'll be at Kokomo Sunday night too! Weekends like this suck to be living in Illinois.

5/27/10, 12:17 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Thanks for all of the info guys! I was last there in 2005, so this is a big treat to go back. We will be sitting in section R row 13 if I recall. Watched from the main grandstand last time so I am looking forward to seeing the race from a different vantage point. With any luck I'll be at Kokomo Sunday night too! Weekends like this suck to be living in Illinois.
Your seats should be in the middle of turn one & two if you are in section R. That should be a good vantage point to enjoy the race. All the action should be right in front of you so you aren't constantly turning your head like on the straight away. Sun setting behind you and with a couple of trees neaby, some shade as well.

With the Guide Lamp factories torn down plus daylight savings time our seats in J look directly into the sun. We still have great seats high up in turn 4. Really, not a bad seat in the house.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/27/10, 12:22 PM   #7
michiganmadman

No matter where I sit at a race track..I am just happy to be there! Beats working, lol.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tailgating at Anderson