Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asct
5/11/10, 1:15 AM   #1
Asct
lovindirt

WHO is going to the next race in ILL. and again Mo. yes Rollcall

5/11/10, 1:25 AM   #2
AJFrancis21

ALL expenses paid I'll be there... Even with a short radius of travel it's going to be hard for ASCT to pull through race in race out.. Travel cost( time and money) don't add up for close to a local show purse.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/11/10, 11:43 AM   #3
Re: Asct
v8j

asct just seams to shady to invest alot of time and money to travel to race with them.

5/11/10, 12:42 PM   #4
Tony Barhorst

V8...

In all due respect...I have to point this out...You are a knowledgable guy...but lets not put the hammer down yet here.

One of the race teams that was there pretty well explained the business end of what ASCT did at North Vernon..Race teams should view it as almost a rainout type situation. I say race teams should give them more chances...His first time out literally was wrecked...Wrecks happen in business and life.

You certainly won't see a wreck again like this again from me..When you do not own the track..you cannot just mandate changes because you lease it..These crap tracks have been operating for years like this.

That is my one HUGE dissapointment in the outdoor race promotion business...many tracks that are open to lease are just JUNK...You won't see me rent another that is even close to suspect structurally.
Gurley has good intentions..he doesn't control the tracks he leases.

Race teams..check this out if you have not already:

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=31697

This is a damned tough business for ALL involved. Give em a break..

Best,
Tony Barhorst
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/11/10 at 1:15 PM.

5/11/10, 1:48 PM   #5
RACER99W

99W Korey Weyant will be there.

4 members like this post: bobO, D.O., Supermod
5/11/10, 2:03 PM   #6
lovindirt

Thank you cory I appreciate the normal response, not the ********. He tried and it went south. He has to pay for tires and fuel like we do; American Racer does not give them to John nor does the fuel man. So I guess he maybe went home with 5% of what he went with if he was lucky. All need to consider alot of things like John promised tow money if they were not in show and their was no show so 100 was more then the rest pays I won't mention any series or tracks. Can't replace wrist band at next track if its a diff. track no other track would do that, and he did promise 10 to us so Please be a little more considerate. He really is trying. We all would of liked to of had 200 or 250 but their was no show and he paid the tow and lost his but out of the gate.

Thank You John for atleast trying better luck this weekend.

I am not related to john nor a best friend, I was as P---off as next guy when he opened it to all, especially since we weighed 1578 at the scales and no it wasn't full of fuel either less then half tank. So please bear with it ,it will or should all work out, he just needs support thats all. He is trying to help the small guys and make a dollar also. I sure as H wouldn't do it for free and loose my but and no one else would either. Jeff
Last edited by lovindirt; 5/11/10 at 2:12 PM. Reason: Add on's

3 members like this post: Finish-LineMM, nathans1012, sprintsrule
5/11/10, 2:45 PM   #7
v8j

Tony you are right. I will say this about asct the program,compition and so forth were Good. it was the way things were handled after the fence came down. that just went wrong or did not seam right.

5/11/10, 2:51 PM   #8
Smitty

Will the midgets be running both nights?
Will they pay the same purse as advertised at Twin Cities?

5/11/10, 3:02 PM   #9
DonMoore10

Next AMCT midget race is June 4 at Montpelier, IN. The purse is not the same for all events. Go to their web site and check out the purse. I think it's posted for all their events plus the rules.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 5/11/10 at 3:04 PM.

5/11/10, 3:33 PM   #10
sprintsrule

One time I would like to see someone not hijack or slam on a post that just asks a simple question...

3 members like this post: KRJoyce1, Supermod
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asct