IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #1 2/12/10 7:58 PM
i was watching espn and they ask him about danica, he said he couldn't beleive he was getting interviewed, that she must be off for the day or something. haha.

She is pretty fast though.
Hoosier Highbanks (Offline)
  #2 2/12/10 9:07 PM
Tony rocks! So tired of hearing about Danica every second!
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #3 2/12/10 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan:
i was watching espn and they ask him about danica, he said he couldn't beleive he was getting interviewed, that she must be off for the day or something. haha.

She is pretty fast though.
Or a new speed channel promo -------- you know they think she walks on water
racerdog45
  #4 2/12/10 10:40 PM
normally I'd watch but I've basically turned off daytona and been enjoying the NCAA basketball on ESPN and so on, it's not as hard to mute the danica commercials as it is to mute a whole race...... Never in history has someone so below average been given this much praise and hype. She might help ratings for a couple of races but look how lousy the IRL ratings are even with little miss media... is it spring yet? think I'll wait untill I can go see some REAL racing at my local short track!
5 Likes: 64chevy, Gregg, spankytoo, SprintManDave, throb
VaDirt (Offline)
  #5 2/12/10 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by racerdog45:
Never in history has someone so below average been given this much praise and hype. She might help ratings for a couple of races but look how lousy the IRL ratings are even with little miss media... is it spring yet? think I'll wait untill I can go see some REAL racing at my local short track!
She is still the only woman to ever win an IRL race, she finished 3rd at the Indianapolis 500 last year and fifth in points for the season. Does that mean that former Champion and Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan and everyone else in the IRL who didn't do as well as she in points really suck, or what?

Her Points standings have steadily improved every year from the time she started, which means she is still learning. I believe, with all of her accomplishments as a woman in racing, even if she had never posed in a bikini, there would still be a lot of hype surrounding her. The attention is well earned and well deserved.
Danica Patrick IRL Championship standings:
2005--12
2006--9
2007--7
2008--6
2009--5
IRL stats from 2005 through 2009--Laps led 110; Races 81; Poles 3; wins 1; Top 5 finishes 16; Top 10 43
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #6 2/12/10 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by VaDirt:
Top 10 43
All good points. But is a top ten in the IRL when you race for one of the three teams who did/can win any races that great? Better then all of the no starts in any races I have made...

It's also funny that a post about Tony Stewart being a smart ass, can turn into a Danica defender thread.

It's winter for most of us, and TV racing can be unbearable without Danica. Since many of us last went to a race in October, we seem to forget how much of an overload Daytona and February can be. It happens every year.

I long for that mid June race I'm at every year, where I can't remember anything about NASCAR. Just everyday poor racers, poor race fans and the blistering heat of an infield without any shade for miles...
2 Likes: Need For Speed, SprintManDave
outsider
  #7 2/13/10 8:55 AM
Originally Posted by VaDirt:
She is still the only woman to ever win an IRL race* , she finished 3rd at the Indianapolis 500 last year and fifth in points for the season. Does that mean that former Champion and Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan and everyone else in the IRL who didn't do as well as she in points really suck, or what?

Her Points standings have steadily improved every year from the time she started, which means she is still learning. I believe, with all of her accomplishments as a woman in racing, even if she had never posed in a bikini, there would still be a lot of hype surrounding her. The attention is well earned and well deserved.
Danica Patrick IRL Championship standings:
2005--12
2006--9
2007--7
2008--6
2009--5
IRL stats from 2005 through 2009--Laps led 110; Races 81; Poles 3; wins 1; Top 5 finishes 16; Top 10 43

Your point being what?

Hornish had far more accomplishments than her and got very little coverage hen he went over.

I fixed your post for you and no thank you's are needed.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #8 2/13/10 8:57 AM
Tony is just as guilty. It was a year or two ago that he asked on the radio under the yellow how his "future wife" finished at the 500.

I have to agree that the hype is a little over the to, but she does draw fans and ratings.
VaDirt (Offline)
  #9 2/13/10 9:38 AM
Originally Posted by outsider:
Your point being what?

Hornish had far more accomplishments than her and got very little coverage hen he went over.

I fixed your post for you and no thank you's are needed.
I disagree. Hornish got quite a bit of coverage when he went. Not nearly as much as Danica, true, but she is MUCH more of a story, just because no matter what she does, the media is all over it.

Oh, and Hornish did get coverage, but has basically stunk the place up. They don't call him sideways sam for nothing:2:
Stagger (Offline)
  #10 2/13/10 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by racerdog45:
normally I'd watch but I've basically turned off daytona and been enjoying the NCAA basketball on ESPN and so on, it's not as hard to mute the danica commercials as it is to mute a whole race...... Never in history has someone so below average been given this much praise and hype. She might help ratings for a couple of races but look how lousy the IRL ratings are even with little miss media... is it spring yet? think I'll wait untill I can go see some REAL racing at my local short track!
Ahh Dale JR ring a bell for too much media and not that great a driver. NACRAP is stale. How many times can you say Martin is Old, Jimmy wins a lot, Tony owns his own team and JR sucks. Pretty old and stale. Danica is fresh news.