IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #1 1/14/08 5:45 PM
Who's going to the midgets Sat. and what kind of show do you expect to see? I've never been to their indoor track but have high hopes.
Tom
bandres21 (Offline)
  #2 1/14/08 6:16 PM
myself and my uncle will be going down.i saw focus midgets yhere a few years back and it was a decent show.i think they have widend the track out between the straights since then so it should be a little better
axsom#11
  #3 1/14/08 6:26 PM
the track is very wide and good lenth too the straight's for a indoor track , you will like it ,we raced karts their in 04 and 05 great time.
Finner18 (Offline)
  #4 1/14/08 6:32 PM
$1800 to win for midgets and $700 to win for micros, not bad for January. I hope to see a good field of cars for this event.
Here is the link to the event info.
http://powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=4362
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #5 1/14/08 9:14 PM
I am hoping to make it. The weather forecast looks decent so the drive down shouldn't be a problem. I haven't been to an indoor show at DuQuoin. How should you dress? Is it fairly comfortable inside or do you need to layer up?
jackhole (Offline)
  #6 1/14/08 9:19 PM
Is there anywhere else I can find some pictures of the Track.

Thanks, JACKHOLE
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #7 1/14/08 9:19 PM
Having looked at the forcast for this weekend, it appears that it's going to be quite cold out this weekend.:thumbsdown: Anyone who attended the Jan. '05 Du Quoin show knows how chilly it can get in the Southern Illinois Center when they open the doors.:eek:

No matter, I'll be there.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Tony74 (Offline)
  #8 1/14/08 9:48 PM
If the forecast is right, then yeah dress warm the place has good heat, but with the track filling the building bringing cars in and out will be chilly. For anyone that has problems with fumes, they have never been an issue.
Racing wise I've been out four-five times and the track was good with the full midgets creating a cushion up top and the micros should have a strong field and a great show. Also, is a nice dinner maybe a half mile from the track that always has good eats.

I'm ready to feel some dirt fly! :thumb:
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #9 1/15/08 4:57 AM
Yeah, pitting outside in close to single digit temps by nighttime would REALLY be the pits! :eek:
petey (Offline)
  #10 1/15/08 1:17 PM
Thinking about coming up. Loyet told me they'd be running that one before heading to New Zealand. Affraid it's gonna be pretty chilly outside though. Anyone who's never been there should enjoy it.