IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS payouts??
8/31/09, 6:39 PM   #1
MSCS payouts??
MemphisMissile46

I have looked on their site and I see no mention of payouts, specifically starting money. If anyone knows the payouts for the next three races, beyond what it pays to win I would be very thankful. We are looking to come "north" and race

Rick Holder
Howard Racing
http://www.howardracing.net

8/31/09, 7:22 PM   #2
Re: MSCS payouts??
cowboyhar69

heres 2 phone numbers from their website contact list
Tom Helfrich 812-768-6025 (Owner of Tri State Speedway at Haubstadt)
Eldon Butcher 812-749-9715

I have often wondered what their payoff was too and don't remember ever seeing anything

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

8/31/09, 9:19 PM   #3
HurstBros0

I have been a party to this subject more than once..... I would like to know how they figure their payoff also . It could be part of their dwindling car counts. Most racers are realist`s. They look at the least they might make by making the show then figure their towing expenses from there.

I think it is only fair to your contractors ( racers ) to give them some idea of what kind of wages they are working for. I am sure Mr Helfrich would not haul his equipment to another racetrack to prep it for a " We`ll pay you something for doing it . " Or Mr. Butcher with his camera equipment .

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
8/31/09, 10:28 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Sure would like to see Howard Racing come north. Saw you at I-30 and talked to several of the group. Really nice guys and good racers. Come on up!

1 member likes this post: MemphisMissile46
9/1/09, 10:15 AM   #5
MemphisMissile46

We are looking at it, if the start money, assuming we can make it is "good enough". Our non wing races are paying $500 to win, and he's won 5 times this year with our worst finish being 3rd. The payout is pretty low, but like you guys said, having to justify the travel, tires, fuel and pit passes. I really hope to come, and I may be in the stands even if Jan isn't racing!

Rick

9/1/09, 10:46 AM   #6
Motormasher

I am not sure about the MSCS payout but its not shabby. the thing IS that this year IF you get lapped you can score no better than what position you were in when you got lapped therefor, you cannot make any more money that what that position pays no matter where you finish.

For instance, IF everyone drops out of the race and you stayed in and finished 2nd you get paid for the position you were in when you got lapped.

Thats the way it has been explained to me anyway......???

The problem with MSCS is they're not trying to draw "the regulars" they are trying to draw all the big names and gettin em, therefore you don't see the Billy Puterbaughs, T'mez & Hazen, Kent Christian, Casey Shumans & so on, the other local track heroes show up for a MSCS race unless their regular tracks aren't running.
Last edited by Motormasher; 9/1/09 at 10:48 AM.

9/1/09, 11:19 AM   #7
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
I am not sure about the MSCS payout but its not shabby. the thing IS that this year IF you get lapped you can score no better than what position you were in when you got lapped therefor, you cannot make any more money that what that position pays no matter where you finish.

For instance, IF everyone drops out of the race and you stayed in and finished 2nd you get paid for the position you were in when you got lapped.

The problem with MSCS is they're not trying to draw "the regulars" they are trying to draw all the big names and gettin em, therefore you don't see the Billy Puterbaughs, T'mez & Hazen, Kent Christian, Casey Shumans & so on, the other local track heroes show up for a MSCS race unless their regular tracks aren't running.
Actually that's not quite correct.

Let's say you are running 12th and get lapped on the 10th lap of the A - positions 1-11 are now on the lead lap, you are one lap down.

On lap 15 - the cars in positions 2,4 & 5 crash and are out of the race - let's pretend there was no passing and everyone else finished in the order you were running.

The finish would be: 1,3,6,7,8,9,10,11, 12 (you) then positions 2,4 & 5. That's how the payout would be determined. That's how it has been figured as long as I've known, and nothing changed this year with regards to how lapped cars are finished. On the board, laps completed are noted with the official finish - so you can see if someone dropped out how many laps they completed and if you are a lap car how many laps you completed.

I think what you might be confused about is the fact that we do not make our lap cars go to the tail on a restart. Everyone stays in their running order - unless you elect to tag the tail. Simply put, if the leader just lapped a car - and obviously had to work to do so - why should the guy in 2nd get the easy way out by making a lap car go to the tail and he not have to pass him to get to the guy in the lead? And secondly, the lap car has just as much of a right to try to earn his spot back as the guy in 4th trying to make a move for 3rd.

I hope that clears it up.

Sacha

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMissile46 View Post
I have looked on their site and I see no mention of payouts, specifically starting money. If anyone knows the payouts for the next three races, beyond what it pays to win I would be very thankful. We are looking to come "north" and race

Rick Holder
Howard Racing
Hi -

I don't know what it pays to start the feature this weekend but I do know that everyone that does not make the feature gets $100 in tow money. That has been a staple of MSCS from the beginning.

If you look on here somewhere you'll see a post from Racin Jason Adams about this weekend, he is the MSCS Tour Director. I imagine he could tell you what it pays to start the A.

Hope to see you here the weather is going to be beautiful!

Sacha
Last edited by wtvwrocks; 9/1/09 at 11:23 AM.

9/1/09, 1:16 PM   #8
Tim

[QUOTE=wtvwrocks;131892]Actually that's not quite correct.

Let's say you are running 12th and get lapped on the 10th lap of the A - positions 1-11 are now on the lead lap, you are one lap down.

On lap 15 - the cars in positions 2,4 & 5 crash and are out of the race - let's pretend there was no passing and everyone else finished in the order you were running.

The finish would be: 1,3,6,7,8,9,10,11, 12 (you) then positions 2,4 & 5. That's how the payout would be determined. That's how it has been figured as long as I've known, and nothing changed this year with regards to how lapped cars are finished. On the board, laps completed are noted with the official finish - so you can see if someone dropped out how many laps they completed and if you are a lap car how many laps you completed.

I hope that clears it up.

Sacha[COLOR="Black"]

Sacha,

In your example would I get paid for 9th or 12th?

Tim Simmons

9/1/09, 1:36 PM   #9
HurstBros0

So that finally explains why we ran 9th at the finish at Haubstadt one night and got paid for 17th.

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
9/1/09, 1:39 PM   #10
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMissile46 View Post

Rick Holder
Howard Racing
Rick,

Sunday's MSCS race at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN will pay $3,000 to win and $200 to start. We will start 21 cars with the 21st spot going to an MSCS provisional if needed. We also have $100 Tow Money for every car that takes a GREEN flag lap but does not transfer to the A Main.

Racin Jason Adams-Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post

Dave,

What do you mean we are trying to draw the big names and getting them? Are you saying it's a bad thing if Dave Darland and Levi Jones decide to come run an MSCS race? Why don't you ask Dave, Levi, Coons, or Gardner how many times I have called them and asked them to come to an MSCS race? They will tell you ZERO!!

Yes every week of one of our shows I will call or email our drivers and ask if they are coming to that weekends race? But I am not out hunting and searching for the biggest names. It is an extra treat for the fans if any of the "big names" as you call it, show up.

If memory serves me correctly Dave, I spoke to Casey Shuman in Victory lane at Morgan County Speedway on June 5th.

Racin Jason Adams-Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS payouts??