IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10,000-TO-WIN 28th "FIREMAN'S NATIONALS"
8/29/09, 1:14 AM   #1
10,000-TO-WIN 28th "FIREMAN'S NATIONALS"
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

10,000-TO-WIN 28th "FIREMAN'S NATIONALS" SEPTEMBER 5 AT ANGELL PARK SPEEDWAY

Brady Bacon of Broken Arrow, Okla. is the defending champion of the "Fireman's Nationals" presented by Pepsi, which celebrates its 28th running September 5 at Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie, Wisc.

The 2009 event, which offers $10,000-to-win and $300 to start the 50-lap feature, is part of the USAC Mopar National Midget Series and will figure into the intense battle for the 2009 National championship.

Bacon was the latest in a list of 15 drivers who have been victorious in the historic race. Kevin Olson and the late Kevin Doty are five-time champions, while Dan Boorse, Tracy Hines and Scott Hatton have each won twice.

Two-time USAC National Midget Champion Jerry Coons Jr. won the 2007 event and is among former winners expected to challenge the 1/3-mile dirt oval September 5.

Coons ranks fourth in the current USAC National standings going into this weekend's National Midget Auto Racing "Hall of Fame Classic" at Sun Prairie, which serves as the home for the "Hall of Fame."

Brad Kuhn of Avon, Ind., seeking his initial "Fireman's Nationals" victory, sits atop the USAC standings, closely pursued by California drivers Brad Sweet and Darren Hagen. Sweet is 32 points back, while Hagen trails by 37 and Coons is 86 back.

Angell Park has hosted a total of 38 USAC Midget races, beginning with Larry Rice's victory in 1970. Olson leads the list of USAC winners with five, while Doty has three. Only six drivers have won more than once in USAC competition at the storied track.

--USAC--

8/29/09, 10:47 AM   #2
Re: 10,000-TO-WIN 28th "FIREMAN'S NATIONALS"
Pine

USAC should have this race LIVE ON THE WEB, to promote Midget racing....:2:

Really wish I coulda made this race..

8/29/09, 11:25 AM   #3
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
USAC should have this race LIVE ON THE WEB, to promote Midget racing....:2:

Really wish I coulda made this race..
Pine, you can still have time to make this race. Unless it's going to take you more than 7 days to get to the track.

8/29/09, 11:29 AM   #4
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Pine, you can still have time to make this race. Unless it's going to take you more than 7 days to get to the track.
I didn't even look at the date, I just thought Fred was Promoting THIS weekends racing.....

8/29/09, 1:46 PM   #5
sprntr

This is one of the best Midget events of the season.

We'll be there on our way to DuQuoin.

steiny

8/29/09, 2:04 PM   #6
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

runnin late but ill try 2 b there by 430 gates.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/31/09, 12:02 PM   #7
Tim Watson

I can watch the weather during the week for anybody who might be coming from a distance, although i thought last Saturday we would be fine and that didn't happen.

8/31/09, 12:21 PM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I can watch the weather during the week for anybody who might be coming from a distance, although i thought last Saturday we would be fine and that didn't happen.
Thank you Tim! That would be great!!
Last edited by racegal; 8/31/09 at 1:02 PM.

9/2/09, 7:27 PM   #9
Tim Watson

So far the weather looks good for Saturday. I will update every day up until Saturday morning. I don't think i'm going to Dodge County Friday night until i get some clarification on how the feature is going to be run with this lock in thing from the July 3rd race.

9/2/09, 9:12 PM   #10
badgerfan

Tim, I wasn't going to say anything about your forcasting skills last weekend, but now that you have brought up the topic--------.
Given the fact that Sunday nites Hall of Fame Classic was one of the best races I have seen at the Prairie or anywhere in a long time its a shame they had to call last Saturdays event. The weather is looking great for the Fox this Friday at Dodge and the Firemans on Saturday. I will let you make the final forcast though!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10,000-TO-WIN 28th "FIREMAN'S NATIONALS"