IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #1 8/14/09 4:31 PM
I got a letter from the father of Christian Allen. Christian Allen has been in the Army serving our country since March and is coming home finally on August 20th, His mom was wanting to have a party for him on Saturday the 22nd. He said no, he wants to come to Lawrenceburg Speedway to see the USAC Dick Gaines Race. If you see Christian at the track be sure to thank him for serving our country. We will get him on the mic at the races to talk about his duty in the Army.
I am touched by this story and am very happy he wants to spend his first weekend at Lawrenceburg Speedway.
Thanks, Dave
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, tjtomthumb
STP (Offline)
  #2 8/14/09 4:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this story, Dave. It's really cool. Thanks for serving our country, Christian. We appreciate it more than we can ever say it.

Good luck tonight, Dave.
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #3 8/14/09 5:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
I got a letter from the father of Christian Allen. Christian Allen has been in the Army serving our country since March and is coming home finally on August 20th, His mom was wanting to have a party for him on Saturday the 22nd. He said no, he wants to come to Lawrenceburg Speedway to see the USAC Dick Gaines Race. If you see Christian at the track be sure to thank him for serving our country. We will get him on the mic at the races to talk about his duty in the Army.
I am touched by this story and am very happy he wants to spend his first weekend at Lawrenceburg Speedway.
Thanks, Dave
Good for you, Dave!

Why don't you do something special to honor him - and all of the others in service for our country?
Gregg (Offline)
  #4 8/14/09 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by sprinter25:
Good for you, Dave!

Why don't you do something special to honor him - and all of the others in service for our country?
Great Idea. How about a ride for him in the pace truck at feature time. He more than earned it.
REH24 (Offline)
  #5 8/14/09 6:14 PM
Christian Allen I want to thank you and all the other military persons who are serving or who have served in keeping our "Great Country" safe from the bottom of my heart....

Thank you all so much

REH
lazyifoto (Offline)
  #6 8/14/09 6:25 PM
O K Dave here my 2cents worth Let Him be the Honorary flagman to start the feature...and the crowd can thank him and his family for the service and dedication to our country and us free Americans.
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #7 8/14/09 6:37 PM
Dave, I would like to donate a BC shirt to pass along to Christian let me know where to send it.

Thanks!

Tim Clauson

W.W.B.K.D. ?
2 Likes: Panama, tjtomthumb
badgerfan (Offline)
  #8 8/14/09 7:17 PM
That is tremendous. I know that I, for one, will never be able to do enough to repay those that sign on to put their everything on the line for me. Thank you SIR.