IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Fire and Rescue/Track Officials
8/2/09, 12:08 AM   #1
Lawrenceburg Speedway Fire and Rescue/Track Officials
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

I want to thank all of you out there for your concern on my condition. I took a pretty hard tumble and bent the chassis pretty badly and i dont think i'll be racing next week because we are no big money team. I would like to thank of the the track officials and the fire and rescue team for attending to me well and fast. It was a heck of a tumble and im out with some soreness and just some scratches.Im sure tomorrow morning i will be sore too. But as far as i know im ok. And i will be back in action as soon as possible.

Thanks for YOUR Concern,
JJ Hughes

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Gregg, PJ Wright
8/2/09, 12:11 AM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway Fire and Rescue/Track Officials
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thanks JJ! Glad to hear from you. Looked like you bicycled over, got airborne and littlerally were airborn for about 30ft before hitting the wall head on.

They should give you the vid to send into "AND THEY WALKED AWAY ! "

1 member likes this post:
8/2/09, 12:18 AM   #3
MickeyD

Glad to hear you are okay, J.J. Sounded like a scary accident. Take care and hope you are back on the track soon.

8/2/09, 12:20 AM   #4
the1jet17

I didnt bike. The guy infront of me did, Will Nedderman, And i had no where to go but clime up his tire.. but its not his fault. I hit the same lip twice and biked early in the race. Its racing. It happens. Some lady said i hit the fence but im not sure what all happened and my mom didnt get the flip at all on video. So If some1 has the video i would love to see it! Thanks!

Sincerely,
JJ Hughes

8/2/09, 12:26 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Burg has a videographer now, Maybe he got it. Yeah, I didn't see you clip neederman but I did see you once you got over. Didn't look like the fence to me. Direct hit to the wall.. Did you have a Hanns on?

No matter what, Just glad you and everyone else apears to be ok. 3/4 got nasty tonight. Moffat was every way but drifting most of the feature up there.. Kinda unsusual for Burg but it happens, Had a lot of rain this past week.

8/2/09, 12:31 AM   #6
the1jet17

I have whats called the defNder. Works better then the hans. Has 2 straps for side and front support. But what sits on my shoulders is seatbelt material. NOT Carbon fiber. It doesnt break ur collarbone or ive heard reports of people having other restraints popping they're shoulders out of socket. But i was glad i had it!

Go to www.djsafety.com and scroll down to look at it. Here is a site for some info http://djsafety.com/sfi_381.html

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Motormasher
8/2/09, 1:33 AM   #7
ShaneMugavin57

Glad you recognized the safety crew. I have raced a lot of places and Bobby and his crew are top notch. On the old track I have seen them pull along side a rolling car while it was on fire and be putting out the fire before the car had a chance to come to a stop. He also has stayed with the Burg threw the 85 promoters they have had during his stay down there. I have seen them recognized at banquets and a mention at the track but hopefully someday they have a whole night dedicated to these guys. They really are some unsung heroes.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright
8/2/09, 2:42 AM   #8
Sandy Lowe

Glad to hear that you are OK JJ. Sorry about the car. Even though you won't be racing next week you are always welcome at Lawrenceburg. If you make it down next Saturday stop in and see us upstairs in the announcer/scoring booth.

8/2/09, 4:59 AM   #9
Gregg

Very glad to hear you are okay, JJ. Hope the "racin' rheumatism" isn't too bad.

8/2/09, 8:46 AM   #10
ChaplainJackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1jet17 View Post
I want to thank all of you out there for your concern on my condition. I took a pretty hard tumble and bent the chassis pretty badly and i dont think i'll be racing next week because we are no big money team. I would like to thank of the the track officials and the fire and rescue team for attending to me well and fast. It was a heck of a tumble and im out with some soreness and just some scratches.Im sure tomorrow morning i will be sore too. But as far as i know im ok. And i will be back in action as soon as possible.

Thanks for YOUR Concern,
JJ Hughes

JJ glad you are doing fine, have a good day of resting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Fire and Rescue/Track Officials