IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dr.UT
  #1 2/23/09 11:47 PM
I remember old USAC days...my heros include Sonny Ates, Don Branson, Jud Larson. Later years..Jack Hewitt, Bubby Jones, Sheldon Kinser. Local Racers (Eldora) Don Hewitt, Audie Swartz, Jerry Poland.

Who's your hero(s)?????
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 2/23/09 11:57 PM
Dick Gaines, Chuck Amati and Pancho Carter.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
psullivan
  #3 2/24/09 12:02 AM
My wife - of all the people I have met in my life both inside and outside of racing - she is the person I admire the most
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #4 2/24/09 12:13 AM
My wife and my mother. My wife for accepting the fact from March to November she is pretty much a weekend widow.

My late mother because she put up with my father and I coming home looking and smelling like crap after a long weekend of wrenching at the track.
Russ (Offline)
  #5 2/24/09 12:16 AM
Ray Kenens, Don Walker, Ron Fisher, Jim Elliott
Eagle14 (Offline)
  #6 2/24/09 12:23 AM
My father.
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #7 2/24/09 2:08 AM
Racing wise?

Pancho Carter, Nick Fornoro Jr., Tony Elliot, JJ Yeley, Brett Hearn, Jeff Gordan, and Jon Stanbrough

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
Midget82
  #8 2/24/09 3:06 AM
Growing up, the guys I always wanted to run to the pits after the race to see were Jack Hewitt and Tony Elliott. Couldn't find two nicer and fan-friendly guys. :respect:

I was a big fan of Jonathan Vennard for a long time but realized he was just a stroke :loser: :rolling

Outside of racing would be my old man... It's because of him I'm even into racing and following the career path I am today... After all, I am "his own lil' A.J." :O:
zeroracer (Offline)
  #9 2/24/09 3:25 AM
Gary Burton (dad)...AJ Foyt... Rick Ferkel... The king
ColoradoFan (Offline)
  #10 2/24/09 4:57 AM
A J Foyt, Tom Bigelow, Rollie Beale, and in the current group DD,JJ,Tony Stewart

Vern Plotts