IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Denny Mitchell -Were is He now?
2/13/09, 5:32 PM   #1
Denny Mitchell -Were is He now?
brc

Hello IOW'ers

Was looking through some old pictures of S. Kinser's cars,and got to wondering what ever became of Denny Mitchell that built sprint car frames for a few short years? They were a nice looking piece in their day.I m sure as many Indiana'ers as there are on here someone will know,,

Thanks,
BC

2/13/09, 10:36 PM   #2
Re: Denny Mitchell -Were is He now?
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Last I knew of Denny he was still with us. As some remember he used to "promote" at Bloomington. A guy by the name of Danny Anderson used to help Denny. Thats all I have for know, need to do some research on this one.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2/13/09, 10:50 PM   #3
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Last I knew of Denny he was still with us. As some remember he used to "promote" at Bloomington. A guy by the name of Danny Anderson used to help Denny. Thats all I have for know, need to do some research on this one.
Denny Mitchell is Rexs brother I saw him at Bloomington last year or year before he lives in Florida now I think.:checkered::checkered::angry-smiley-007:

2/14/09, 10:01 AM   #4
brc

Dirtfan, Butch47,,

Thanks for the feedback. Always get into a "were are they now" mode and just curious. Now I know,,,,,I think???

Take Care,
BC

2/14/09, 1:35 PM   #5
fishnman

Tommy Bipes and myself went to some garage a couple years ago and where someone had a Mitchell car in his barn. Then the stories, and the beer started flowing!

10/3/12, 12:05 AM   #6
carsprint

To All

I am living in Fort Myers FL. I am still on the green side of the grass.

Denny Mitchell

10/3/12, 12:23 AM   #7
Hamby812

I was just thinking about the "where are they now" thing last night. There a lot of people that came to mind, the one that stood out the most was Bret Mellenbrandt. I remember him racing in Indiana pretty regularly for a couple years then I believe he follow USAC(somewhat) for a period. He took a nasty ride at Hagerstown, dont remember seeing or hearing much about him after that. Anyone have any info?

10/3/12, 12:53 AM   #8
Bill May

I was at a Flea market in Ft. Myers last winter and I saw this Guy wearing a Steve Kinser Tee shirt, I asked him if he was from Indiana or just a Kinser fan, He told me who he was and that he had built sprint cars for Steve in his earlier years, It was Denny Mitchell.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
10/3/12, 10:21 AM   #9
carsprint

That was Dave Mitchell my cousin who promoted racing at Bloomington IN

10/3/12, 12:39 PM   #10
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
I was just thinking about the "where are they now" thing last night. There a lot of people that came to mind, the one that stood out the most was Bret Mellenbrandt. I remember him racing in Indiana pretty regularly for a couple years then I believe he follow USAC(somewhat) for a period. He took a nasty ride at Hagerstown, dont remember seeing or hearing much about him after that. Anyone have any info?
He raced in the two USAC Special Events out at the "Ultimate Challenge" in Oskaloosa in August, just a couple months ago. Finished 13th in the feature the first night and 16th the second night.

It was only one week after that race that he was injured in a racing accident. He suffered a burst fracture of his T-3 vertebrae.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Denny Mitchell -Were is He now?