IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #21 4/15/24 10:57 AM
Seemed like a pretty good night.
Minus Ballou throwing a fit and getting physical with a tow truck driver. As usual nothing will probably be done about it.

Corky
hsracer577 (Offline)
  #22 4/15/24 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
As usual LPS in competition.
And if they had taken the night off the Burg would have had 28 instead of 23. Let's not gripe at a track for running a regular weekly traditional sprint car program 2hrs away. It's almost the last track in the country that runs them every week.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #23 4/15/24 2:13 PM
Originally Posted by hoscalecody:
Seemed like a pretty good night.
Minus Ballou throwing a fit and getting physical with a tow truck driver. As usual nothing will probably be done about it.

Did you tell the whole story or just going to bash Robert?

I'll agree he shouldn't have touched him. But a hell of a lot more than your telling went on.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Aurora78, Midget98, PIT CART
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #24 4/15/24 2:36 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Top six times inverted. Everyone else straight up by time trials.

I hate straight up lineup racing. BTW, Bacon came from 9th to second.
Oh, I will not deny that the action was good, Charles.

Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Heat winners when there are 4 heats start 7,8,9 and 10. Last night with 3 heats it was 1st heat winner KTJ 7th, 2nd heat winner Chase Stockon 8th and 3rd heat winner Brady started 9th. Then the balance of the field lined up by qualifying time.
Thanks, Tim. Like I said they may have explained it on Flo but I was FF-ing a lot of times.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, flagboy55
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #25 4/15/24 2:37 PM

I'll agree he shouldn't have touched him. But a hell of a lot more than your telling went on.
What all went on? Everyone I talked that was there when it happened, including ones down in the work area said he's upset about the tow truck passing his work area. Which wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't hanging off the side of the car, which is in it's self a serious safety issue. Some members of the safety crew are even ones saying Roberts the one that made it smoke the exit. All he had to do is ask them to lift the whole car up.

Touching an official or tow/push truck driver should be an automatic multi race suspension and fine. The guy was barely out of truck and Roberts laying his hands on him.

Corky
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #26 4/15/24 2:40 PM
I often wonder how many people would have handled going to sprint car races in the 50’s, 60’s and early 70’s. The norm back then was 20-25 cars entered and USAC only started 14 cars in the feature . My 1st Hoosier Hundred in 1968 only started 18 cars.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
9 Likes: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, CRA91, duel, erich45, flagboy55, Hubie48, TQ29m, TQ97
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #27 4/15/24 2:57 PM

So Charles,how about filling in the blanks for those of us that weren't in attendance,any videos,gotta be one somewhere?
Thanks!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: duel, Ilovedirttrackracing
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #28 4/15/24 2:59 PM
All and all it was an enjoyable evening of racing. My only critique, and it's a small item, is the time it takes to purchase tickets. Moving up the gate time to 430 pm was a good move, but there were still people waiting in line to get in when hot laps started. There has to be a better and quicker way to sell tickets???? I think the normal weekly shows this will not be a problem, but when a traveling series comes to town, it does seem to be an issue.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, flagboy55, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #29 4/15/24 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by nodramazone20:
All and all it was an enjoyable evening of racing. My only critique, and it's a small item, is the time it takes to purchase tickets. Moving up the gate time to 430 pm was a good move, but there were still people waiting in line to get in when hot laps started. There has to be a better and quicker way to sell tickets???? I think the normal weekly shows this will not be a problem, but when a traveling series comes to town, it does seem to be an issue.

We usually get there early & go buy GA tickets @ the Pit Gate,eliminates the standing in line.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, nodramazone20
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #30 4/15/24 3:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/reel/435492709057599

Don't know if that worked

Charles Nungester