IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #1 1/31/24 9:38 PM
Lucas Oil Late Model series about to pull off a two hour show from Bubba's. Could USAC do this? Usually seems to be a 3 hr minimum.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #2 1/31/24 9:55 PM
Nope
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, LB, PIT CART, rimrider69, spicoli, Stevensville Mike
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 1/31/24 10:08 PM
I've been watchng over three hours now.

Charles Nungester
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #4 1/31/24 10:12 PM
Quals and what? National anthem to start the heats went off at 720. Still running the main with time to spare.
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #5 1/31/24 10:26 PM
Lack luster show IMO. Not much passing and no real surprise moves. 6 tunder stocks helped to move the show along when USAC typically gets 40+ mod lites. Can't say the racing has me excited to roll south for the winter dirt games.
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #6 1/31/24 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
Lucas Oil Late Model series about to pull off a two hour show from Bubba's. Could USAC do this? Usually seems to be a 3 hr minimum.
This is a rhetorical question correct?
Last nites show moved quicker then tonite. With the brand new surface looking just like the old surface I’m not hopeful for great racing. Save your money and maybe try one of the other trips made possible by the schedule.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #7 1/31/24 11:05 PM
I'll have to agree. After 11 years of attending winter dirt games, I'm looking further into the USAC schedule as to what events I'll shell out $ for. Right now it's Gettysburg and the Eastern Storm.
4 Likes: Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, oppweld, yeleyfan76
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #8 1/31/24 11:11 PM
It will great to see ya. Hope you got ur EZ Pass and load it up for the trip. We were on the way to Red Dirt in Okla last year. When they rained out as we were in Arkansas we turned left and went down to the beach on the Gulf in Mississippi. Can’t do that this year but the Texas/Ark trip looks possible. Stay warm. Opening day in Pa is a month away.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, flagboy55
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #9 2/1/24 3:41 PM
The Late Model sanctioning bodies understand how to push a program.....The drivers meeting is usually hour ahead of cars on track and everyone in attendance knows the deal...Plus, this time of year in Florida your always dealing with cool temps, so why subject the paying customer to a dragged out program while they are freezing....well done LOLMDS
4 Likes: interpreter66, PIT CART, racefan20, WinglessLovers
DJlives (Online)
  #10 2/1/24 5:57 PM
USAC has ran very efficient shows for years now yet somehow the narrative remains that they drag matters out. Kirk Spridgeon keeps track of the length of every USAC show and takes that very seriously.
18 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, erich45, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, okie, oldfan49, openwheelfan1, oppweld, racenut69, ROSS, Sandy Lowe, SpfldMile, TNRustler, wallbanger II