IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
GrumpyTodd (Offline)
  #1 8/23/23 4:24 PM
According to the USAC website the first set of entries have been released. 15 cars for the now 4 day event Sept. 27-30. I have made it to all 4 races and plan to see every one that runs until the day I can no longer go. IMO this is the best race of the year. My brother and I have our tickets to all 4 nights. We are hoping to see triple digit entries this year.

Hope to see you there! You will not regret it.

https://www.usacracing.com/news/item...-for-2023-race
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Pancho Stapp
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #2 8/23/23 8:57 PM
Got mine for all four nights. Love it.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #3 8/24/23 12:07 PM
Got mine. I don't know if it will reach triple digits for car count, but sure it will be a solid field. Always a good time.
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, snowdrift
GrumpyTodd (Offline)
  #4 8/24/23 12:14 PM
I have heard a few people say they think Doug Boles is trying to achieve Chili Bowl status, hence the move to 4 nights. That's a tall order as the Chili Bowl is so iconic. I do think they'll be able to draw 100+ cars this year. The one thing USAC needs to start doing to keep up with the winged shows is increase the payouts. Most of the great drivers are fleeing to the winged series.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 8/24/23 12:35 PM
Pays $20,000 to win. Is there a higher paying midget race? Plus several other midgets races the week before, including $10,000 to win the Saturday before. It should bring a solid field.
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb