IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
NumberOneOutlaw (Offline)
  #1 1/4/09 6:35 PM
Tony has stated that "The Rumble" would be the only indoor race he would compete in this year. I got to thinking about it a little more. It's been said that he will be there Saturday night, but would not be able to make it Friday night. The #14 TBA Stewart racing has been moved to Wednesday night. The Rumble was in 2008 and The Chilibowl is 2009. Does anyone else think that there's still a good possibility that he will be entered and competing in this years edition of the Chilibowl. Not pre-entering will allow him the miss the ROC on Tuesday, race Wednesday night, return to Daytona for fan fest Friday, and fly back to Tulsa for Main events Saturday. Just a thought.
Heromaker (Offline)
  #2 1/4/09 7:10 PM
Also think about it. That was the only indoor race he ran last year. It is now 2009. This is a Stewart sense of humor.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #3 1/4/09 8:57 PM
Who do think is going to drive the 14 car, AJ Foyt.
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #4 1/4/09 9:59 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
Foyt's IRL driver maybe? LOL
jsfan
  #5 1/4/09 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
Ya never know? Parnelli is racing ... maybe AJ wants to bang wheels too.
IndyBound (Offline)
  #6 1/5/09 1:19 AM
I can't tell you whether Tony will race in the 2009 Chilibowl or not; my guess would be yes but what do I know. What I do know is where Tony was on 1/3/09, he was riding in the Fiesta Bowl Parade in Phoenix.

Patti
Midget82
  #7 1/5/09 4:05 AM
Originally Posted by Heromaker:
Also think about it. That was the only indoor race he ran last year. It is now 2009. This is a Stewart sense of humor.
Granted it probably is the work of Tony and his sense of humor... but didn't he compete in the 2008 Chili Bowl? That would make the Rumble his second indoor race of the year... hmmm :O:
PIT CART (Offline)
  #8 1/5/09 8:18 AM
Go AJ,that would be pretty cool.
onthegas7j (Offline)
  #9 1/5/09 10:47 AM
I got nothin on this one but it would be a tony sense of humor to say something like that
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #10 1/5/09 12:10 PM
THE PIT BULL WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applaud: