IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
oppweld (Offline)
  #11 6/11/23 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I don't want to be combative, I have no say in it anyway. My point was that Non wing needs a alternative and still be a sprint car. More and more are just closing shop and/or racing less. Something a motor will last a season or two and tires will last three, four five or more races.
If someone wants a low cost nonwing series just replicate the Wisconsin Wingless model.
Average of 38 to 40 cars per show with no dominate driver or team.
4 Likes: erich45, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, sjracer26
oppweld (Offline)
  #12 6/11/23 1:47 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I don't want to be combative, I have no say in it anyway. My point was that Non wing needs a alternative and still be a sprint car. More and more are just closing shop and/or racing less. Something a motor will last a season or two and tires will last three, four five or more races.
If someone wants a low cost nonwing series just replicate the Wisconsin Wingless model.
Average of 38 to 40 cars per show with no dominate driver or team.
4 Likes: erich45, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, sjracer26
sjracer26 (Offline)
  #13 6/15/23 11:25 AM
First of all thank you for sharing my link here. I should have done that myself honestly.

I have had a few interested parties contact me to discuss the series. I am hopeful that I can find the right person or group to take this series further and continue to make it successful.

Regarding non-wing racing. The Racesavers offer wing racing in a state where non-wing is dominate. I do not see it as a benefit for the series to take the wings off. Especially considering the Steel Block Series is a perfect non-wing option for our engines. I think if you want to go the cost saving route for non-wing sprints people ought to look into the Steel Block series and try to help grow that concept as it is doing well already.

If anybody here wants to make a go at being a race promoter shoot me an email. I know there are a lot of people who post on this site that sure sound like they know best haha!

-Alfred
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, oldfan49, oppweld
sjracer26 (Offline)
  #14 6/15/23 11:29 AM
Oh and if you think our series is follow the leader then you clearly did not see our last race at Kokomo last year. Slide job city for the lead with 3 wide racing through the field!

The bigger tracks can get spread out though, but honestly the non-wing cars have their fair share of snooze fest races as well. They can't all be zingers! 😀

My official opinion is an occasional less than exciting race is still better than no race, so why complain.
5 Likes: fishnman, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, okie, oppweld