IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kb78 (Offline)
  #31 5/17/23 5:04 PM
I live in Ohio, so I've been to several of the tracks. I think it is a combination of the dirt and the track prep, some tracks are worse than others. I think Wayne County is the worst I have been to as far as dust. More than just dust, I think the Ohio tracks get slicker than others too, Fremont can be a skating rink as well as Attica and Waynesfield. The reason that I think that it doesn't always have to do with track prep is there are definitely times when the race is dusty to watch but you go onto the track afterwards and it still has decent moisture.
You get used to it I guess, I have a place where I try to sit for most of the tracks that keeps the majority off of me anyway.
3 Likes: fish, JJMooney, The Old Coyote
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #32 5/17/23 9:03 PM
All the tracks in Ohio are dusty but Wayne County is the worst and also looks sketchy with the lack of vision and the cushion that’s right up against the wall.
deadhorse30 (Offline)
  #33 5/18/23 9:34 AM
I was at Wayne County Tues and enjoyed myself. Ohio has very dusty tracks. Being from Ohio I didn't realize how dusty they get compared to other areas until I started to travel. We sat at turn 1 and couldn't see turn 4 at all. The track was in great shape. We walked it after the show and it was smooth and had plenty of grip left.

Thinking about going to Kokomo now.
captrat (Offline)
  #34 5/18/23 11:49 AM
Ironic that people say they can't see half the track or cars but think it was a great show.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, dsc1600, luckybuc97
B99 (Offline)
  #35 5/18/23 3:38 PM
I've been to Atomic a number of times and found it dusty, but enjoyed the track and the racing. Perhaps the track condtions have to do with the fact that it is winged cars on tracks that are higher speed than you might expect in Indiana.
3 Likes: Blitzman, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
mc/rider (Offline)
  #36 5/18/23 4:07 PM
Originally Posted by B99:
I've been to Atomic a number of times and found it dusty, but enjoyed the track and the racing. Perhaps the track condtions have to do with the fact that it is winged cars on tracks that are higher speed than you might expect in Indiana.
eeuuuw

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #37 5/20/23 2:57 PM
The outlaws completed a show at Attica last night at 8:30. They were helped by not a single caution until the A main. For Attica, it relatively dust free.
4 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
racefan20 (Offline)
  #38 5/20/23 6:03 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
The outlaws completed a show at Attica last night at 8:30. They were helped by not a single caution until the A main. For Attica, it relatively dust free.
They also cancelled the support class and started an hour and a half early to beat the rain. Good move on their part.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
5 Likes: Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #39 5/21/23 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
They also cancelled the support class and started an hour and a half early to beat the rain. Good move on their part.
How early did they announce the time change? Tough to do on a Friday night. Thought they did a great job.
Blitzman (Offline)
  #40 5/21/23 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
How early did they announce the time change? Tough to do on a Friday night. Thought they did a great job.
Attica and WoO announced the time & single class division changes Thursday afternoon.
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART