IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kart#51 (Offline)
  #11 2/13/23 4:14 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
The sad thing is DirtVision will make money buy screwing the USAC fans. Hope Eldora does the same to DirtVision in May.
Can you elaborate?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #12 2/13/23 4:52 PM
USAC races are on Flo. Last week the All Stars were on Flo from Volusia. Not having them caused USAC to have to make this non points, to honor their Flo contract. Now people are buying a month of DirtVision to watch 2 races. Not sure this was done in the best interest of the sport. I just wonder how the Outlaws would react if a track like Eldora made the same decision against them in May.
We will see if the sprint cars tonight will be used as a support class for the late models. I hope not.
berks co (Offline)
  #13 2/13/23 5:32 PM
It’s sort of weird to have non points paying races but not unheard of

Daniel Cohen
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #14 2/13/23 5:40 PM
USAC races are on Flo. Last week the All Stars were on Flo from Volusia. Not having them caused USAC to have to make this non points, to honor their Flo contract. Now people are buying a month of DirtVision to watch 2 races. Not sure this was done in the best interest of the sport. I just wonder how the Outlaws would react if a track like Eldora made the same decision against them in May.
We will see if the sprint cars tonight will be used as a support class for the late models. I hope not.
I mean they could have just cancelled the event given they gave up on Xtreme sprints.Split broadcasts are the worst anyway. If the value isn’t there for you, don’t buy it, no one is forcing you to do anything.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, progressive22, Scott Daloisio, trackprep
racefan20 (Offline)
  #15 2/13/23 5:49 PM
The post that showed the running order of the show says Sprints before late models

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 2/13/23 6:56 PM
I'm gonna watch, but I prefer "Traditional" sprint cars on bullrings
Volusia is a fast 1/2 mile & it could be boring... we'll see
reeserx (Offline)
  #17 2/13/23 7:30 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
I'm going to do a one month Dirt Vision deal for $40 then cancel.

You get two USAC Sprint races and four WOO races before the month is up.

$6.67 per race. You can't beat that with a stick.
Ya know, you just talked me into doing that. Good idea!
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #18 2/13/23 7:35 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
The post that showed the running order of the show says Sprints before late models
On the PPV option on my TV it is listed as World of Outlaw Late Models plus non wing sprints. I figure the late models prefer to run after the sprints. They like a slicker track.
jdull99 (Offline)
  #19 2/14/23 2:21 AM
Part of the DIRTVision and the such family...

https://volusiaspeedwaypark.com/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
JakeCroxton (Offline)
  #20 2/14/23 9:35 AM
This same argument you're going through now...is why you rarely see co-sanctioned races anymore also...

Smells good cooling on the window until you start cutting...
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jonboat15