IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sprintcar62
  #1 12/28/08 1:36 PM
I have one question why was Knuckles giving back his spot in one of the semi's on Saturday night when he spun after the 56 car was half why inside him. But on friday night Tony Stewart ran over everybody like Lou Cicconi and Lou didnt get his spot back I guess its not what you know its who you are.:thumbsdown::angry-smiley-007:
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #2 12/28/08 1:53 PM
I would have to agree with you on that call. The 56 car was clearly beyond half way passed. but oh well thats the breaks I guess. Huge kudos to Tony and his crew for another great Rumble series as a whole was fantastic the points addition made it that much more exciting.
Brad Wilson
cabjr111 (Offline)
  #3 12/28/08 10:03 PM
I thought he was somebody's son, son in law , or had pictures.

Clinton A. Bledsoe, JR.
fast one
  #4 12/29/08 8:07 PM
I'm glad their are other people that thought the same. On Friday night Stewart spun out every car he passed to get to first and Knuckles spins out and puts us in third with a possible chance to transfer and we get shafted like that. I guess if we can get someone related to us to announce the races next year than we'll get our spot back if we spin out. It was by far the worst call I saw both days. He couldn't hold his spot, spins and they put him back in second and they wonder why people won't come back and the fans in the stands are down.
Barney (Offline)
  #5 12/29/08 8:16 PM
It became some what of a joke in our group when someone spun, "oh hell he will get his spot back".:kookoo
Great Scott (Offline)
  #6 12/29/08 9:12 PM
I kept wondering why people were getting their spots back. What ever happened to going to the tail for bringing out a caution regardless of wether you spin or you got spun? I know it is indoor racing but.....
Midget18 (Offline)
  #7 12/29/08 9:44 PM
Anyone that watched the race would know that the pole sitter was in a KENYON car, and the person behing them was in a full midget. If anyone knows anything knows that a Kenyon will not take off like a midget. The pole sitter is a very clean racer and would never do that, and never has since I have been watching him three years ago. Also if you watched the race friday night, the pole sitter in this race was sitting third on the start of the semi on friday and clearly could not keep up the midgets on the start...they would pull him a good 4 cars, there is in car video that shows that
Joltin Joe (Offline)
  #8 12/29/08 9:58 PM
Ok so there has been some un nessisary bashing on here, the pole sitter in that semi did not brake check anyone. there is no reason for crying and blaming other people for someone else's mistake. there we no deals being made, in fact the guy be hind the pole sitter talked to the person on that pole and they agreed to a nice clean start. I guess anger leads to the dark side, and the dark side got on here to bash someone and in fact that person is a retard and doesnt know his you know what from a hole in the ground.

Im Joltin Joe Liguori and i approve this message.
767 (Offline)
  #9 12/30/08 12:16 AM
lets all face it, the compition this year was much better than in years past. There are only 14 starting spots in the feature. When you have 20 good drivers there they can not all make the feature. This is what makes this race so special. I do like that you have to race for everything in this series. When you screw up in the heat race, and transfer thru the consi u start on the tail. This is very good. The only thing i wish we could do is make this a 3 or 4 night affair. I know teams really can not aford to so it, but I would love to see some other support classes ome in on the other days. The track gets so good at the end of night number 2 it would be awsome to see a night number 3. Free idea for you tony, night number 3 run 3 20 lap heat races. start 16 in the feature. (yes thats to many) top 5 from each heat race then the fastest qualifier not in the field. These guys come back for a 40 lap feature.
thebus79h (Offline)
  #10 12/30/08 12:22 AM
Even in the micros, if you spun, you sometimes got your spot back. And how has nobody brought up from Friday Dave Darland getting the screwjob of the weekend, after tangling with a lapped car and having to go to the rear, when everybody else got their spot back.