IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #1 10/28/22 11:08 PM
I really like that USAC continues the 2 at once qualifying. Moves the show along faster.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
22 Likes: 2rock21, Black Deuce, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dirt Trackker, Dirtfan, dkdorkboy, dwhitney1169, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, openwheelfan1, oppweld, PIT CART, Speedmax3, stp6237, wallbanger II, wildman92, WinglessLovers, yeleyfan76
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #2 10/29/22 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I really like that USAC continues the 2 at once qualifying. Moves the show along faster.
Absolutely!! This should be common practice everywhere they run.
2 Likes: Dirt Trackker, PIT CART
chris jockish (Offline)
  #3 10/29/22 1:28 AM
Tonight's finish Emerson Axsom 2. Jake Swanson 3. Matt Westfall
5 Likes: Dirt Trackker, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, oppweld, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #4 10/29/22 8:09 AM
Personally, I don't. My eyes don't point opposite directions. Single car, You can see if a driver bikes it or something. However if a bigger car count, Maybe. They did it at Burg but there was no need to speed up the show. I was home by ten living a hour away.

Don't know what happened last night but it took over a hour to hot lap. I got no idea the logistics of the track.

Your mileage may vary.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, JordanBlanton, LUCKYONE
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 10/29/22 11:46 AM
I don't mind 2 car qualifying. I think it should only be on tracks 3/8 or bigger.
6 Likes: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #6 10/29/22 6:11 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Personally, I don't. My eyes don't point opposite directions. Single car, You can see if a driver bikes it or something. However if a bigger car count, Maybe. They did it at Burg but there was no need to speed up the show. I was home by ten living a hour away.

Don't know what happened last night but it took over a hour to hot lap. I got no idea the logistics of the track.

Your mileage may vary.
I’m guessing you are capable of watching only one car at a time during the a main as well. That’s a shame. You must miss a lot. It is called car racing not stop watch racing.
Btw the show you mentioned about your glory track had not enough cars to even run a B. You got home by 10. You should be happy. I hear a lot of people ******** when the show runs long. Now two at a time on the track racing nothing but a stop watch is a problem because it was a quick show. No pleasing you it appears. It’s October 29th and I’m here at Bridgeport for sprint cars. A great day to cross the river into NJ. We go again next week and then the following week at Susky. Smiles all around out here.
2 Likes: Blitzman, oppweld
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #7 10/29/22 6:19 PM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
I’m guessing you are capable of watching only one car at a time during the a main as well. That’s a shame. You must miss a lot. It is called car racing not stop watch racing.
Btw the show you mentioned about your glory track had not enough cars to even run a B. You got home by 10. You should be happy. I hear a lot of people ******** when the show runs long. Now two at a time on the track racing nothing but a stop watch is a problem because it was a quick show. No pleasing you it appears. It’s October 29th and I’m here at Bridgeport for sprint cars. A great day to cross the river into NJ. We go again next week and then the following week at Susky. Smiles all around out here.
Did I ask your opinion on mine? No. Do I care? Same answer. Have a nice weekend. Funny I remember a standing ovation at LBurg but that show doesn't even rank on your good meter.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, oppweld, RACrappieman
captrat (Offline)
  #8 10/29/22 9:21 PM
Is it just me or are some of the comments here becoming needlessly accusatory and abrasive. There is another racing site which seems of this orientation.
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, cmakin, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, oppweld, racenut69, RACrappieman, Sandy Lowe, Speedmax3, spicoli, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #9 10/30/22 10:06 AM
Cap, you think it’s that bad? I don’t know I haven’t gone on the other sight in years. I just think we have some folks of strong opinions, and I don’t think any of it personal, but that’s just me. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone I might have offended on this board, I assure you it’s not my intention. Now to qualifying. I don’t mind 2 cars but that’s my limit. I’ve said it before I think the efficiency could be very much improved at most places for single car qualifying.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, oppweld
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 10/30/22 10:51 AM
I haven't seen single car qualifying hold up a show in a while. I think it has gotten pretty efficient. I have seen later shows with group qualifying.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, fish, Ilovedirttrackracing, oldfan49, oppweld, tirespinner