IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s Smackdown Week
8/21/22, 11:55 AM   #1
It’s Smackdown Week
flagboy55

Friends, it’s only a few days away and we’ll gather at Indiana’s Baddest Bullring to celebrate and enjoy what many of us consider the best stand alone sprint race of the year. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but if someone leads every lap, they could take home $35,000! That’s big money! $1,500 to start the big show you sure hope will inspire the best sprint pilots and teams to show up and compete. We’re going to roll in Friday and looking forward to seeing all of you at Kokomo. Try to make it if you can, but if you can’t watch on Flo and try to expose someone else to this big event.

8/21/22, 4:55 PM   #2
Pancho Stapp

FlagBoy you are spot on if someone can go wire to wire. Their rewards for doing so is $35,000 hard earned dollars. Can’t wait to see these guys get up on the wheel and get after it. So far the weather looks good, my fingers are crossed. We will be there all 3 days. Should roll in about noon-1pm Thursday.

8/21/22, 6:29 PM   #3
reeserx

Taking camper up sometime early this week. Pretty excited! One of my favorite race weekends of the year

8/21/22, 7:26 PM   #4
Moreland76

Moreland boys taken camper up as I am typing this. Safe travels for everyone and most importantly remember to have a good time. See you all Thursday.

8/21/22, 7:41 PM   #5
DirtTrackTherapy16J

That's one of the pluses about living 1-2 miles from the track...I am around it and work around it everyday with our livestock being straight west of the track. Been there multiple days the last week or so. Its gonna be so so awesome. I'm calling in to a local radio station this week to talk it up and try to get newcomers to give it a try. Saturday and King of The Hill is the best!! Smackdown holds a special meaning to me way beyond racing!! I look forward to meeting some of you if you want, message me when your there. I bounce from the pits to the front stretch to the campground to the back stretch!! GYATK hahahaha

8/21/22, 10:19 PM   #6
flagboy55

16 the only thing I disagree with is the king of the hill. But I won’t go into negativity. Hopefully our paths cross this weekend

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld, PIT CART
8/21/22, 11:31 PM   #7
Smfishe

If any sprint car teams need a helper/mud scraper I will be there all three days and happy to help !

8/22/22, 12:08 AM   #8
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I will say this as well...going by at 11pm on Sunday night, going home from a buddy's nearby, looking over and seeing 10-20 campers already set up...yessssssss Smackdown is here!!!!

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, reeserx, Smfishe, tirespinner
8/22/22, 4:43 PM   #9
Re: It’s Smackdown Week
edmunds super

Don't forget to come and check out the Midwest Vintage Oldtimers Race Car Club cars on display near the main grandstands
on Thursday! We will also get some track time sometime during the evening!

8/22/22, 8:30 PM   #10
Re: It’s Smackdown Week
BrentTFunk

I always see people saying they want higher paying races. Hopefully those people will all support it. Always a lot of action crammed into 3 days.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It’s Smackdown Week