IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #11 7/29/22 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Brady using the Balloudozer nickname was a classic. LOL
Classic indeed. If Robert were smart he’d use that as a set up for a new t-shirt.(kinda like Bacon did with the Terre Haute flip last year) Print a bunch of shirts with a neat graphic of the Balloudozer. Maybe have tail tanks from other cars. 69,77,4, and whatever Ronald McDonald ride he hasn’t quit or lost yet. I’ll bet it’s a seller. Maybe even give a tiny percentage to Brady for tissues.

Funny how quickly the well liked for his professionalism Bacon has become more like Ballou with his tweets and crying interviews. When it all doesn’t fall into place for him he is no better than what everybody complains about regarding Ballou.

Hoping for more fun tonight! ISW 22 is anything but boring.
8 Likes: Hubie48, Huskermudd1, nodramazone20, PIT CART, progressive22, rimrider69, streetglider, tirespinner
JakeCroxton (Offline)
  #12 7/29/22 12:18 PM
Leader plus 1 at the scoring loop unless it's the checkered...leader across the scoring line (the front of the flagstand, not the scoring loop on the last lap) ends the race, then it split scores back to the last lap minus the caution cars for cars that didn't cross the scoring line. The only way to do it any different is to have multiple loops like NASCAR does - then there would be a question of where the multiple loops are and why they are different at different places.

You have to draw the line at some point that's the same for everybody.

I prefer that method to "every single car even the caution cars" or you go back, or "every single car minus the caution cars" - all ways that I've seen it done...
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Jonr (Offline)
  #13 7/29/22 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by JakeCroxton:
Leader plus 1 at the scoring loop unless it's the checkered...leader across the scoring line (the front of the flagstand, not the scoring loop on the last lap) ends the race, then it split scores back to the last lap minus the caution cars for cars that didn't cross the scoring line. The only way to do it any different is to have multiple loops like NASCAR does - then there would be a question of where the multiple loops are and why they are different at different places.

You have to draw the line at some point that's the same for everybody.

I prefer that method to "every single car even the caution cars" or you go back, or "every single car minus the caution cars" - all ways that I've seen it done...
So, I do know that not every track/series follows the same rules. Growing up you never saw a Green/White flag at the same time followed by a checker. It was always a green flag, White flag and then the checkered. However, now, I have seen multiple green/white combined flags.

As long as the rules are the same from the beginning to the end, it really does not matter.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hubie48, interpreter66, tirespinner
The55 (Offline)
  #14 7/29/22 1:03 PM
I thought everyone liked it when drivers speak their mind in interviews. I didn’t see Bacon’s comment as whining, just an opportunity to take a shot at Ballou. Seems better than trying to drop kick him. Anyway, it cracked me up, I like both drivers so not coming at this as a special fan of either. BTW, why did they requalify after the rain?
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Hubie48, interpreter66, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #15 7/29/22 1:22 PM
My guess would be to let everyone have another shot at the new track, and make changes based on the last run, we've got to do that before, probably didn't favor any one, and might have helped or hurt some, but at least they tried.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
racefan20 (Offline)
  #16 7/29/22 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by The55:
I thought everyone liked it when drivers speak their mind in interviews. I didn’t see Bacon’s comment as whining, just an opportunity to take a shot at Ballou. Seems better than trying to drop kick him. Anyway, it cracked me up, I like both drivers so not coming at this as a special fan of either. BTW, why did they requalify after the rain?
Because there were maybe 2 or 3 that hadnt qualified yet. In order to be fair and have everyone qualify under the same conditions they started over.
I loved the 2 at a time quals they did the second time. Maybe they should think about doing that all the time.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: chrismattlin, interpreter66, PIT CART, tirespinner
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #17 7/29/22 2:33 PM
Start the program on time ....not 10 minutes late and qualify 2 at a time to begin with, and problem is solved....very simple
2 Likes: Huskermudd1, PIT CART
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #18 7/29/22 2:37 PM
I don't really understand why it's leader plus one to count a lap in the middle of the feature, but if everyone completes lap 29 of a 30-lap feature and the caution comes out you have to revert back to lap 28.

As long as everyone knows the format they are racing under and it is followed I'm okay with it. It just doesn't make sense to me.
The55 (Offline)
  #19 7/29/22 2:40 PM
I assumed that was the case but thought I also heard there was only 2 left to qualify when they stopped. Was surprised they stopped qualifying rather than just let the last couple go, track didn’t become a mess for another 15-20 minutes. Agree on 2 at a time qualifying. 50+ cars is a lot to qualify one at a time. To be clear, not complaining, got to see racing and I am retired so the late night didn’t bother me at all.
kb78 (Offline)
  #20 7/29/22 3:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe:
I don't really understand why it's leader plus one to count a lap in the middle of the feature, but if everyone completes lap 29 of a 30-lap feature and the caution comes out you have to revert back to lap 28.

As long as everyone knows the format they are racing under and it is followed I'm okay with it. It just doesn't make sense to me.
I don't think they do revert back to lap 28 if they have taken the white flag, they stay as they are scored on lap 29 and run an extra lap so they get the green/white/checkered. If you look at the summery of Friday at Gas City it shows that they ran 31 laps instead of 30, so they scored them at 29 when the last caution fell and then ran the two lap ending.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, tirespinner