IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City to update it's remaining schedule today
7/26/22, 9:20 AM   #1
Gas City to update it's remaining schedule today
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

From their FB page

Gas City I-69 Speedway
Favorites · 22 hrs ·
We are currently updating the 2022 schedule of events and will have it posted Tuesday morning.
The current schedule was inherited during the last- minute transition at the onset of the year, and with a half-season under our belts now, we will make adjustments based upon our learnings to date.
It has not been an easy year, as outlined on the social media comments, and I will take any and all blame, as my name is on the line. We take the comments seriously and pledge to address them to the best of our ability. Some things can be corrected, some can't, as they are out of our control.
For those that have continued to support our mission - we thank you and look forward to strengthening the image of Gas City I-69 Speedway.
thanks - Larry Boos

7/26/22, 9:48 AM   #2
dsc1600

What are the issues they’ve been having? It was nice to see how packed the Speedweek show was on Friday.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
7/26/22, 10:11 AM   #3
Re: Gas City to update it's remaining schedule today
Charles Nungester

I've been trying to tell people. Get to the track when you can. Some tracks lose on a local shows. Their electric has gone up 40% like everyone else, Fuel bills doubled. etc. Leases and Insurance im sure aren't cheap and from concessions, I dont think most have raised their prices to match inflation thus lowering profits from it.

7/26/22, 10:19 AM   #4
flagboy55

My wages haven’t gone up either Chuck. So we’re all in this together. What really sucks is now some folks have to use their money for entertainment to pay regular bills. Just an overall unfortunate situation.

7/26/22, 10:37 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Oh trust me I know, Burg was the sixth event I've been to this year. Many years I was triple that or more by now.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55
7/26/22, 11:08 AM   #6
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Going to update the schedule with only August and September to go and a couple races in October??? Wow what a joke.

Seen this coming weeks ago, hell months ago, knew the place would go downhill without Mr. Gappens running it. Dont be surprised if the track closes all together real soon if some serious changes are made.

Dont have alot of time to be on here so I will make one real quick example of why GC is falling apart OUTSIDE OF TRACK CONDITIONS.

The night the track had 8 inch deep ruts and was NOT worked on at all until right before the Features, late June...middle urinal in the men's restroom for the general admission side was constantly running and would not shut off...I will not say what I was told when I reported it, but none the less I reported it...here we are a month later or better, Sprint Week, same urinal still running. Reported it, same answer given to me, guarantee it's still running.

Some might say what's the big deal...well it's either constant electricity used for a well pump to be running 24/7 for over a month or water usage sky rocket for water used 24/7 for over a month, depending on how things are set up in and around the town of Gas City. It was reported twice by myself, ignored twice, just like the track conditions and other issues at the track. Yet comestic issues being worked on???

Sad sad deal, were going to end up losing our weekly Friday night racing in this part of the state if some changes are not made extremely soon.

7/26/22, 1:59 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I think the main consideration in what he said. The only thing I saw him post about was social media. Larry took the track over at the last minute and saved the season. He was already promoting 2 tracks. He put his money on the line, and time that he probably didn't have to begin with. I am sure he is extremely burnt out. If he hadn't stepped up it was not going to open. He probably works 80 plus hours a week, and some weeks more. Then people do nothing but bash him. Do you think that all the complaining is going to entice someone else in promoting it next year? Maybe some of the people who have the answers should take it over, and see how much it really takes.

7/26/22, 3:18 PM   #8
hoscalecody

Brent
Exactly without Larry, both Montpelier and Gas City probably wouldn't be running right now.

Others saying about the ruts
There was quite big ruts when Jerry was running Gas City also. Some were when it didn't rain for a week+. I know there's quite a few nights I almost flipped due to the ruts, some of my fellow competitors wasn't as lucky as I was.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/26/22 at 7:19 PM.

4 members like this post: duel, nathans1012, oppweld, tirespinner
7/26/22, 6:48 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Going to update the schedule with only August and September to go and a couple races in October??? Wow what a joke.

Seen this coming weeks ago, hell months ago, knew the place would go downhill without Mr. Gappens running it. Dont be surprised if the track closes all together real soon if some serious changes are made.

Dont have alot of time to be on here so I will make one real quick example of why GC is falling apart OUTSIDE OF TRACK CONDITIONS.

The night the track had 8 inch deep ruts and was NOT worked on at all until right before the Features, late June...middle urinal in the men's restroom for the general admission side was constantly running and would not shut off...I will not say what I was told when I reported it, but none the less I reported it...here we are a month later or better, Sprint Week, same urinal still running. Reported it, same answer given to me, guarantee it's still running.

Some might say what's the big deal...well it's either constant electricity used for a well pump to be running 24/7 for over a month or water usage sky rocket for water used 24/7 for over a month, depending on how things are set up in and around the town of Gas City. It was reported twice by myself, ignored twice, just like the track conditions and other issues at the track. Yet comestic issues being worked on???

Sad sad deal, were going to end up losing our weekly Friday night racing in this part of the state if some changes are not made extremely soon.
Well this is really respectful, Considering the track was closed, closed a few short years ago. Kokomo tried, couldn't make it worthwhile and another tried and failed.

Boos stepped up to keep the track open. May be events only from now on IDK. But your lucky to have a track at all the way things are ging. Nice show of respect there.

My track gets the same bashing, Wow, the rain's probably the first water that track got this season etc, etc. But there's nobody else down at city hall when the lease is up for bid. Got a half mil for equipment. 30k a month for lease and utilities. Then staff it for prep, cleanup, mowing etc and fuel and maint for equipt. Please show up.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/26/22 at 7:00 PM.

7/26/22, 11:56 PM   #10
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post

The middle urinal in the men's restroom for the general admission side was constantly running and would not shut off...I will not say what I was told when I reported it, but none the less I reported it...here we are a month later or better, Sprint Week, same urinal still running. Reported it, same answer given to me, guarantee it's still running.

Some might say what's the big deal...well it's either constant electricity used for a well pump to be running 24/7 for over a month or water usage sky rocket for water used 24/7 for over a month, depending on how things are set up in and around the town of Gas City. It was reported twice by myself, ignored twice, just like the track conditions and other issues at the track.
Can you imagine the headlines and social media?

Gas City Speedway shuts down because they either refuse to or do not know how to stop a middle urinal from running constantly.
Can't afford the purse any longer because of the super high water bill due to their inability to repair said urinal

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City to update it's remaining schedule today