IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flyin9 (Offline)
  #1 1/11/22 12:15 PM
Did I catch the announcer say that Larson was using a new Eagle chassis last night?
Pitdad (Offline)
  #2 1/11/22 1:51 PM
Originally Posted by flyin9:
Did I catch the announcer say that Larson was using a new Eagle chassis last night?
I caught that too. He had been running King Chassis from New Zealand, which I really liked. His entry lists “EMI”, but also doesn’t list an engine, so didn’t know if “EMI” meant anything.

Eagle is/was the chassis Speedway Motors sells, right? Seems unlikely for Kyle to be running that. My son researched it an found a reference to an “Eagle by Silva” chassis. Still don’t know what that means.
Whit11B (Offline)
  #3 1/11/22 2:27 PM
EMI is Eagle, Schnee, Henchcraft, and Stallard chassis companies that have all merged together with Speedway. The Eagle by Silva are chassis built to Paul Silva's specs by Eagle. Last I knew Larson's sprint car ride that Silva is crew chief on were Eagles. They might have built him a new midget chassis.

I would guess that Larson has a Toyota engine but that is left off the entry considering he is sponsored by Chevy for his cup ride.
6 Likes: chrismattlin, hairracer44, jdull99, MBoersma, racenut69, tirespinner
Pitdad (Offline)
  #4 1/11/22 3:38 PM
Originally Posted by Whit11B:
EMI is Eagle, Schnee, Henchcraft, and Stallard chassis companies that have all merged together with Speedway. The Eagle by Silva are chassis built to Paul Silva's specs by Eagle. Last I knew Larson's sprint car ride that Silva is crew chief on were Eagles. They might have built him a new midget chassis.

I would guess that Larson has a Toyota engine but that is left off the entry considering he is sponsored by Chevy for his cup ride.
That all makes sense! I couldn’t believe he was driving an “off the shelf” Eagle, so that all adds up. Thanks for the clarification.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, jdull99, tirespinner
flyin9 (Offline)
  #5 1/12/22 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info.
Hustlin-Hoosier (Offline)
  #6 1/12/22 12:39 PM
He is using a Toyota TRD engine
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 1/12/22 1:07 PM
This brings up a question for me: All the chassis seem to have the same basic design.... what are the differences that matter?
TQ29m (Online)
  #8 1/12/22 6:34 PM
I'm going to take the first shot and give the credit to the driver!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, Owen, rick42
48modracer (Offline)
  #9 1/13/22 3:26 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
This brings up a question for me: All the chassis seem to have the same basic design.... what are the differences that matter?
They are all generally similar in construction as far as material and basic appearance. Variances are in bracing to allow flex in the chassis, width of the frame and height of the cage to some degrees. Some will offset the motor slightly. Bigger variances are in torsion arm lengths, stacked tubes or parallel on the rear, pick up points for the suspension. Torsion or coil on the front or even some type of sway bar and even front axle design width and king pin angles. Everyone has different theories.
4 Likes: jdull99, mc/rider, Pitdad, Speedmax3