IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bloomington Speedway (Offline)
  #1 8/29/21 11:24 AM
This Friday, September 3rd is the Josh Burton Memorial and Fireworks!
Sprints will be paying 10k to win!
MSCS Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and MMSA

Pit Gate opens 4pm
Pit Admission $35/10 & under $15.00

Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $25/10 & under free

Hot Laps 630pm
Racing 730pm

6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Dougherty20, mlamb, ronmil, tirespinner
  #2 8/31/21 2:01 PM
This will be a great night of racing! Make this your friday evening plan!

3 Likes: Dirtfan, tirespinner, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #3 8/31/21 7:24 PM
Can’t wait for the race and hear Casey Sing that anthem!!

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #4 9/1/21 1:57 PM
Been alot of discussion lately about big paying shows & low car counts,let's see how this one turns out.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Dougherty20 (Online)
  #5 9/1/21 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Been alot of discussion lately about big paying shows & low car counts,let's see how this one turns out.
I expect approximately 40 cars, mid to high 30s for sure.
2 Likes: Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #6 9/1/21 11:40 PM
For $10,000 to win will get the best of the best, however the also ran guys will go elsewhere or stay at home because they know that they could not make it into the feature race. So I'll say 30 good sprint cars will be a plenty for a great show.
2 Likes: rick42, tirespinner
  #7 9/3/21 11:56 AM
Race day!

3 Likes: Dirtfan, tirespinner, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #8 9/3/21 1:26 PM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
For $10,000 to win will get the best of the best, however the also ran guys will go elsewhere or stay at home because they know that they could not make it into the feature race. So I'll say 30 good sprint cars will be a plenty for a great show.
It bothers me to hear things like “…the best of the best…” or “…the cars and stars…” Race tracks wouldn’t be successful without ALL drivers showing up. Last I checked they all pay the same pit entrance fee. It’s the consistent participants that keep things going. To be called an “also ran” driver is condescending. Their families and friends sure don’t think they are “also rans”.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
33 Likes: btownracer, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, Dougherty20, Eatin Dirt, Gene Franckowiak, GlobalSpeedway Tours, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jrp4554, Ken Bonnema, Kendall2020, LUCKYONE, Milly, Moreland76, oppweld, PAW, PJ Wright, racenut69, rapid robert, Rcar, ronmil, Sandy Lowe, Speedmax3, Speedwrench, spicoli, superstock30, TBONE, Tim Bookmiller, tirespinner, Tom23, wallbanger II
ronmil (Offline)
  #9 9/3/21 2:04 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
It bothers me to hear things like “…the best of the best…” or “…the cars and stars…” Race tracks wouldn’t be successful without ALL drivers showing up. Last I checked they all pay the same pit entrance fee. It’s the consistent participants that keep things going. To be called an “also ran” driver is condescending. Their families and friends sure don’t think they are “also rans”.
I couldn't agree more!

Ron Miller
9 Likes: Al Pierce, dirtnonwingfan, Dougherty20, Gene Franckowiak, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, superstock30, tirespinner, wildman92
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #10 9/3/21 6:26 PM
33 sprints. On a side note, it’s terrible getting to Bloomington from either Indy or Columbus right now. FYI
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Danny Burton, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner