IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #21 6/21/21 11:33 AM
I don't think he does a bad job, and feel like he has got better as the season progresses. There was one announcer who was way worse during Midgetweek, and I didn't hear one complaint. Not going to mention who it was, as its just not a big enough deal to tear someone down in public over something so trivial. I have way bigger things to worry about.
17 Likes: 95KART, Danny Burton, Dirtfan, duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, opnwhlmnd, Points, rick42, Rpracing1, skids59, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ97, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #22 6/21/21 12:18 PM
Last year there wasn’t much racing at all and we were all really bummed out about that. Now there is and we’re complaining about an announcer? Sheesh. First world problems. Like Mr. Funk said, we have bigger things to worry about.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
17 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, dirt330, Dirtfan, Hoosiersprinter, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69, Rpracing1, skids59, sprintracer82, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #23 6/21/21 12:22 PM
I'd love to hear the announcer test interview of all of those complaining about Tony. Give it your best shot.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cmakin, Dirtfan, Hoosiersprinter, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, tirespinner, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #24 6/21/21 12:26 PM
Everyone seems to love Johnny Gibson but Lordy, I have to turn my volume down when watching a WOO show because he’s WAY over the top IMO. But I do just that, turn it down and enjoy the race.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, reeserx, sw1911, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #25 6/21/21 2:22 PM
I thought Tony did a nice job last night during the final night of Eastern Storm at Bloomsburg. You could tell he was genuinely excited to call the final race which would determine the winner of the swing. He was very aware of the one point swing that could have gone either way. I enjoy his enthusiastic style and agree he's gotten better as the season has gone on. As others say, calling a race can't be easy. Keep it up.
7 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, duel, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #26 6/21/21 4:52 PM
Maybe the powers that be (his boss )should have him sit down and listen to a few of his calls maybe he can learn and see the difference and how he calls different races ,nobody starts out perfect ,even rob, you might have a diamond in the rough!

Johnny Gibson is annoying as hell on the TV ,but if you’re at the track and you hear that ,it is exciting especially for somebody that doesn’t get to see the outlaws all the time.
2 Likes: rick42, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #27 6/21/21 5:07 PM
Nothing better than when Gibson says, "Its a NEEEW TRAAAACK RECCCCORD!
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
captrat (Offline)
  #28 6/21/21 6:43 PM
Personally I like "watch'em now" from Haubstadt.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #29 6/21/21 7:11 PM
This thread is hilarious it's titled KTJ announcer and some how warps into bashing Tony LaPorta.

Here is the link to careers at Flo for all that can do better.

flosports.tv/careers/

I thought he was especially good last night he was calling the race and keeping us updated on who Ballou and Brady needed to pass or not get passed by.

He works at honing his craft as hard as anyone. He never forgets to get every driver sponsors mentioned. To come from a no dirt background to where he is now shows just how much he has tried to learn about the USAC world.

The canine in heat on this board is simply amazing sometimes.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
7 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, dirt330, mc/rider, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, wildman92
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #30 6/21/21 9:32 PM
I don't mute Tony like I do Mikey on NASCAR. In fact, you might say he is growing on me. Better not try his style with my wife on trash day though.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner