IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #1 6/23/20 2:04 PM
It occurred to me: Kyle quit racing wingless sprints cause his NASCAR team made him stop after serious wreck

Now that he's a "free agent" will he try some more USAC sprint events?

Hope so...
10 Likes: AustinSprinter, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, oppweld, racenut69, rapid robert, spicoli, tirespinner
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 6/23/20 2:30 PM
He raced USAC midgets last week in Indiana Midget Week and won the championship so I don"t see why he wouldn"t show up for some of the bigger shows unless he"s running outlaw shows.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
brsteg (Offline)
  #3 6/23/20 4:14 PM
Kyle had said a year or 2 ago on Twitter that he hadn't really wanted to run anymore non-wing stuff; but was softening on the idea as they didn't look as sketchy (I think was the word he used) as they once had.
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #4 6/23/20 5:10 PM
Speaking of speculation, is it true he and Kaitlyn ordered that motor home from NASA? Good laawd that thing was crazy! In a cool way of course.
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #5 6/23/20 5:32 PM
I don't think Kyle will run much if any of ISW. He is not running for usac points and winged racing seems to pay better. I wonder if he will visit PA speedweek?
2 Likes: JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #6 6/23/20 6:13 PM
I’d be willing to bet he will. Can anyone confirm, wasn’t it Larson that had the “Takes on the Posse“ shirt?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 6/23/20 7:11 PM
I doubt he will. He's good enough to be beyond dirt track even if this is what he loves. Plus there's higher dollar wing racing between WoO, All Stars, PA, Knoxville/Jackson.

It would serve him well to have a T shirt trailer at every track. he'd do a half million a year on that alone.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66
oppweld (Offline)
  #8 6/23/20 7:44 PM
If he runs anything I'd guess the Corn Belt Nationals at Knoxville!
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #9 6/23/20 9:33 PM
The night he crashed the sprint hard in turn one at the 4 Crown nationals, sorry can't recall exact year, I turned to my (Frolic) friends and said this is the last time we will see Larson in a non-wing sprint. Hope I'm wrong but it's true so far.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #10 6/24/20 3:31 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I doubt he will. He's good enough to be beyond dirt track even if this is what he loves. Plus there's higher dollar wing racing between WoO, All Stars, PA, Knoxville/Jackson.

It would serve him well to have a T shirt trailer at every track. he'd do a half million a year on that alone.
His t shirt trailer for midget week had a line literally every time I walked past it, and I had to walk past quite a bit to check on the pooch in the camper in between heats and such. He sold out quite a few shirts.
8 Likes: davidm, EBookerFan, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, racenut69, tirespinner