IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 6/24/20 7:51 AM
I can’t document this as to what podcast I heard him on and it’s been a couple years ago but he said he had no interest in running a non wing car. Obviously I hope that his stance has changed but I’m not holding my breath. There’s a reason some don’t want to run non wing. They’re the ultimate beast of a race car. Cheers to those that do!
7 Likes: jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, racenut69, spicoli, Will Shunk
davidm (Offline)
  #12 6/24/20 9:39 AM
Has Kyle ever run a Champ Car? Be cool to see him on a mile dirt track.
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #13 6/24/20 9:42 AM
Yep, and he’s good in those too, of course.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
kinser (Offline)
  #14 6/24/20 12:14 PM
Kyle was offered a sprint car ride for Lawrenceburg last Saturday night and he turned it down.
revjimk (Offline)
  #15 6/24/20 1:58 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
I’d be willing to bet he will. Can anyone confirm, wasn’t it Larson that had the “Takes on the Posse“ shirt?
Yep... its a cool shirt & I was thinking of buying one
I like Kyle but i'm also a Posse fan, so?????
revjimk (Offline)
  #16 6/24/20 2:00 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
He raced USAC midgets last week in Indiana Midget Week and won the championship so I don"t see why he wouldn"t show up for some of the bigger shows unless he"s running outlaw shows.
I watched all of them on Flo & it was amazing! Probably thats what made me think of the question....
ISF (Offline)
  #17 6/24/20 2:03 PM
Originally Posted by davidm:
Has Kyle ever run a Champ Car? Be cool to see him on a mile dirt track.
Yep, he has. He ran all 3 mile dirt races in 2011.

Yung Muny actually won the Ted Horn Memorial 100 driving the IWX sponsored Keith Kunz owned #71 Silver Crown car. It was the second most thorough ass kicking I've ever seen a driver administer on a 1 mile dirt track in a Crown car. The late, great Bryan Clauson and Larson put on an epic show slugging it out for the lead in the first 30 miles of that race. BC faded later on in that race and Larson won it by more than a straight away.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
11 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, oppweld, racenut69, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel, TNRustler
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #18 6/24/20 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Yep... its a cool shirt & I was thinking of buying one
I like Kyle but i'm also a Posse fan, so?????
I think they call that the proverbial Rock & a hard place!! haha 😆
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 6/24/20 9:19 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
I think they call that the proverbial Rock & a hard place!! haha 😆
Not that bad... more like own a cool shirt or save $20!
revjimk (Offline)
  #20 6/25/20 3:23 PM