IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #11 5/2/20 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by Will Shunk:
......…. 50% capacity fans in the stands, social distancing in the pits and stands...……..
I think we are quite a ways away from 50% capacity. This is every other seat empty. I know for one that I am not willing to spend a night at a track with only one seat empty between me and the next person for multiple hours at a time. I get pissed off when some one momentarily breaks my 6 foot barrier at the grocery store. How am I going to handle someone being 2 feet away for me hours at a time?
4 Likes: captrat, ISF, oldfan49, tirespinner
sp6967 (Offline)
  #12 5/2/20 7:29 PM
what are people willing to pay to cover the cost of only allowing a small group of people in the stands. since the economy is in good shape it shoudn't matter.
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
Dan Nelson (Offline)
  #13 5/2/20 8:46 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
what are people willing to pay to cover the cost of only allowing a small group of people in the stands. since the economy is in good shape it shoudn't matter.
I personally wouldn’t mind paying $25-30 for a regular show to allow for space between fans. I-55 (Pevely, MO) is having a $5K to win late model show on 5/9 with a limit of 700 in the grandstands. Tickets at $30 sold out within a couple hours of going on sale.
racer-x (Offline)
  #14 5/2/20 9:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
I think we are quite a ways away from 50% capacity. This is every other seat empty. I know for one that I am not willing to spend a night at a track with only one seat empty between me and the next person for multiple hours at a time. I get pissed off when some one momentarily breaks my 6 foot barrier at the grocery store. How am I going to handle someone being 2 feet away for me hours at a time?
I think it’s time you turned your tv off and your am radio on!!! I’m not near as afraid of the corona virus as I am starving to death down the road!
19 Likes: addictedtodirt, billw, chathamracefan, chrismattlin, duel, Eatin Dirt, Hotrod, Indy1808, kcarm92, Midget98, motorhead748, nedra_bahler_835@com, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, progressive22, skids59, sp6967, tirespinner, Tony74
sp6967 (Offline)
  #15 5/2/20 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by racer-x:
I think it’s time you turned your tv off and your am radio on!!! I’m not near as afraid of the corona virus as I am starving to death down the road!
the fattest country on the planet. most can skip more than one meal.
2 Likes: Hotrod, tirespinner
duel (Offline)
  #16 5/2/20 11:34 PM
I am surprised Indiana is not leading the way in opening at least the smaller race tracks.
Good luck with that social distancing policing. No one is making anyone go if they don't want to. Just open things already. The majority of people will police themselves.
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, Indy1808, Midget98, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racer-x, skids59, Will Shunk
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #17 5/3/20 8:24 AM
Could use reserve seating. Only sell every 3rd or 4th seat. Stagger top to bottom. Sell concessions just like grocery store, put up plastic shield. Employees wear mask, seems way safer than just opening it up.
2 Likes: Hotrod, oppweld
captrat (Offline)
  #18 5/3/20 1:39 PM
What economy are you referring to? 🤔
5 Likes: fish, Hotrod, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, tirespinner
fish (Offline)
  #19 5/3/20 2:23 PM
the fattest country on the planet. most can skip more than one meal.
Unfortunately, we also are the world leader in covid deaths!

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
Z-man (Offline)
  #20 5/3/20 2:54 PM
Is it 12 feet now?lol

Will work for Race Tickets and Beer
2 Likes: chrismattlin, duel