IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chasinracin2 (Offline)
  #1 4/26/20 8:46 PM
Everyone go to the World of Outlaw web site and read their new procedures for when they are allowed to race again. It's about 18 pages of good reading. Poor fans and race track promotors .
Points (Offline)
  #2 4/27/20 2:10 AM
Yep that looks like the making of a safe event. That's hope the PPV with no fans worked well this last weekend.
voteforpedro (Offline)
  #3 4/27/20 5:42 AM
Go Here
https://worldofoutlaws.com/covid-19-resources/
Wow! Racing as we know it is over
chop (Offline)
  #4 4/27/20 6:37 AM
https://worldofoutlaws.com/wp-conten..._4.23.20-1.pdf

So do you think short tracks will use this as guide for local tracks. Also for usac, allstars? Do you think a track would, could make money with the guidelines?
racer-x (Offline)
  #5 4/27/20 7:00 AM
I’m sure all racing in general will have to follow these guidelines. I also didn’t read anywhere we’re it said these rules would change if the virus goes away.

Im kinda surprised there wasnt a rule change in how the National Anthem is played. The “land of the Free “ part is in the rear view mirror if you ask me.
7 Likes: bcarlson, bsmith8, davidm, luckybuc97, nedra_bahler_835@com, PIT CART, The Old Coyote
voteforpedro (Offline)
  #6 4/27/20 7:57 AM
Good luck promoters you're gonna need it!

Attendee should wash hands with soap and water every 20-minutes throughout

(1) Concession Stand will be open with a limited menu

9pm: Event Completion LOL

There will be NO Spectator access in the Pit Area

NO seats, cushions or blankets are permitted inside the Facility

Attendees should sit 6’ from other spectators unless they are household contacts…three(3) seats minimum

There will be NO Merchandise for sale at the event.
axman897 (Offline)
  #7 4/27/20 8:08 AM
While I feel saddened for the situation we are in, I do applaud WoO for developing a guide we can use and critique. on a positive note, we won't have to worry about feeling crowded for a little bit. I'm hopeful, in time, we would be able to ease the restrictions. Otherwise, I think we could kiss the Indy 500 goodbye for this year.
racer-x (Offline)
  #8 4/27/20 8:31 AM
I think if a Martian 👽 from the moon landed at a racetrack with these restrictions they would think racing was safe and watching it is dangerous.
Does anyone think this about safety or completely changing our way of life?

What does telling a promoter what time he has to have the event over have anything thing to do with this situation?

So do we just turn into sheep and follow the heard or stand up like our grandpas and fathers would have?
5 Likes: bcarlson, chrismattlin, duel, luckybuc97, PIT CART
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #9 4/27/20 8:58 AM
I am afraid the WOO has laid down a marker here that is going to make it difficult for any other sanctioning body or track for that matter to adopt a lesser standard. If they do and, God forbid, someone contacts the illness at the event I can only imagine the lawyers asking why they ignored the safety standards established by one of the premier sanctioning bodies.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #10 4/27/20 9:03 AM
Does this mean tracks will have to have running water in the bathrooms?
3 Likes: cornerthree, oppweld, Tony74