IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
duel (Offline)
  #11 3/26/20 12:15 AM
It will happen on time. Looking forward to lburg usac show April 4th. Lets get on with life and lose the panic.....
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, motorhead748, The Old Coyote
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #12 3/26/20 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by duel:
It will happen on time. Looking forward to lburg usac show April 4th. Lets get on with life and lose the panic.....
And maybe a lot of our racing friends, who tend to skew older and are more vulnerable.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #13 3/26/20 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
I know...I just appreciate much about IoW and don't wana be kicked off! lol
Jason, I tried to PM you but could not. You have to clear out your messages. Your inbox is full.

I am sure IOW can take a few political jabs here and there. But when the uppercuts, hooks, and haymakers start up then Mrs. G has to step in and give all involved a standing eight count.

All politicato opinions are respected in this corner.

Let us now get back to the topic at hand and that is when the Indianapolis 500 might be staged, and the sport we all love.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
6 Likes: dirt330, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider
jdull99 (Offline)
  #14 3/26/20 2:43 AM
Originally Posted by duel:
No way for April 4th...State is "closed" til the 6th as it is...(my hope is for day to day life to return around Easter and maybe some sporting events the end of the month...national stuff the 2nd wknd in May...)

http://usacracing.com/component/k2/i...event-canceled

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
sp6967 (Offline)
  #15 3/26/20 7:33 AM
The way things are going,money is gonna be tight.all the talk of racing is nice but you need butts in the stands to pay the purse.
K92 (Offline)
  #16 3/26/20 10:14 AM
Lawrenceburg has already been canceled for April 4th
Jonr (Offline)
  #17 3/26/20 12:48 PM
I think the answer depends on if we listen to the scientist or the economist. If we listen to the scientists, it will occur in September. Move it to Labor day weekend. We have two items we are trying to do with all of the shut downs. Limit the height of the curve but to ride also ride out the curve. Even after it peaks, there are going to be a lot of people getting sick.

If we listen to the economist, it will happen in May. The crowds will not be great. (economy and virus) We also stand a chance of extending the impact of the virus longer.

My bet is September.
2 Likes: captrat, racer-x
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #18 3/26/20 1:29 PM
Canceled until August 23rd. This is out of control.
SteelCore (Offline)
  #19 3/26/20 1:56 PM
I've spent nearly every practice day for the last 10 + years at IMS. Apparently that's ending seeings how its the week of the Knoxville Nationals. Way to crap on dirt fans again IMS.
texas red (Offline)
  #20 3/26/20 2:14 PM
no, Knoxville is the week before. aug 12 thru 15