IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 12/30/19 2:05 PM
https://racer.com/2019/12/30/byrd-pl...xVoS4Jna6R51to
8 Likes: davidm, erich45, luckybuc97, oppweld, Puppy, ronmil, SpfldMile, Tony74
Puppy (Offline)
  #2 12/30/19 4:19 PM
Whatttt WHATTTT??? That last paragraph....
3 Likes: Indy1808, jim goerge, PIT CART
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 12/30/19 8:38 PM
Wish he would have found a low buck team or teams and helped them out in place of bringing a couple of Indy guys to Chile Bowl. But its not my money
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, RockinRy
jdull99 (Offline)
  #4 12/30/19 9:48 PM
Perhaps he did tho? Maybe a couple of these teams can fit that definition? It depends on how one defines "low-buck" and if a team wants to be attached to that status? I don't know where each stand, but when the average rental price is $8500 (I know, there are plenty out there for $3,500; I'm rounding to the higher extreme), there are less & less "low buck" Chili Bowl teams (I know there are plenty still, again, taking it to the extreme - but if you can get there on the Saturday BEFORE the race to park a 24"+ enclosed rig, can spend the time & funds for a crew to be there 6-7 days, have a vinyl wrap, carbon fiber body panels, etc; the low buck days are fading away...yes...again, I know, some do it as a "vacation"/year-long-gota-be-there type deal, but, more & more, "low buck" teams have been pushed away / can't keep coming back year after year...unless of coarse, they bring the backup car with a rental driver in it, etc...).

I think the Indy connection is just what many on here complain doesn't exist! Of coarse, we'd rather see it going the OTHER way (SC&M drivers moving "UP" to Indy) but at least there is a VERY likely chance FOUR guys (counting Ed) that will be in the 2020 Indy 500 (by that time) will have drove in DIRT midget races!...

AND the whole part on Kevin Thomas Jr. & how Byrd was working with him to get him into IndyLights is almost MORE of interest...again...he would be going FROM SC&Ms TOO Indy stuff...let's hope it happens!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
6 Likes: davidm, EltoJoe, erich45, luckybuc97, oppweld, Puppy
Bill Angel (Offline)
  #5 12/30/19 11:13 PM
Santino Ferrucci won a national kart race today at Daytona.
2 Likes: davidm, Puppy
jdull99 (Offline)
  #6 12/31/19 12:52 AM
https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...ith-rosenboom/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, wright59