IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #11 7/18/19 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by Speedmax3:
Jerry does an awesome job of promoting Gas City. He does everything he can to make it a fan friendly experience! Hopefully he will soon be able to convince the owner to change those uncomfortable front grandstands.
When I used to go to Gas City every week, I thought they should raise the boards that people sit on (the board closest to the track on each row) by about 6 inches. I think they could do it using something like what you see in the main seating area on the front stretch at Eldora. They built up the seating boards about 6 inches on top of the concrete there. I think they could do the same thing at Gas City. Leave the current side-by-side boards so people could put their feet in that area under the row in front of them. Then build a row for seats on top of that front board on each row. Maybe they could get a local lumber company to help sponsor it and save some money on what they would need to do it. The Carter Lumber on the south side of Marion used to sponsor a few events every year. I think that would be more affordable than building an entirely new set of bleachers.
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #12 7/18/19 3:45 PM
Hope everyone enjoys tonight at one of my favorite tracks. Saw a picture of Jarret Andretti’s car on Twitter. What a sharp looking ride!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #13 7/18/19 4:06 PM
Originally Posted by Midget 89:
Does Dave Darland have a ride for Sprint Week? Noticed he didn't run at Eldora.
My bad. Overlooked Dave in the Eldora results.
fish (Offline)
  #14 7/18/19 6:01 PM
Jerry Gappens just drove by on his golf cart giving rides from the parking lot to the track! Good deal.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, rapid robert, tirespinner
HoosierMikey (Offline)
  #15 7/18/19 7:41 PM
Anybody doing any updates?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #16 7/18/19 7:52 PM
Originally Posted by HoosierMikey:
Anybody doing any updates?
https://www.race-monitor.com/Live

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #17 7/18/19 8:26 PM
I got home just in time to see the Carson Short interview for fast time. When I looked at Race Monitor, he wasn't even on it. What happened?

Never mind. I just figured it out. With 40+ cars, they ran two sets of times. Race Monitor was only showing the 2nd.