IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nonwingkingofkalifornia (Offline)
  #1 7/3/19 6:55 PM
USAC screws over their fans, blacks out race for paid Floracing viewers, gives races both nights to dirtvision viewers for free.
2 Likes: ossuks, tirespinner
ryan84 (Offline)
  #2 7/3/19 10:04 PM
I got this email from flo saying it will be broadcast both nights???? Just the USAC portion, hope true.
brsteg (Offline)
  #3 7/3/19 10:15 PM
Flo will only be permitted to televise the Saturday A Main Live.

Dirtvision will have the entire event Live for $40, individual night packages also available.

Not good for the non-wing fan base. (Middle finger ish)
4 Likes: Bayless74, Chief Wahoo, duel, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #4 7/3/19 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by ryan84:
I got this email from flo saying it will be broadcast both nights???? Just the USAC portion, hope true.
These things are very carefully worded. It says the event is July 5th and July 6th. And that the event will be dual streamed on DirtVision and Flo. But it doesn’t specifically say it’s going to be dual streamed both days. It would be nice if it was true, but I would be surprised.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: duel, tirespinner
JDK222 (Offline)
  #5 7/3/19 11:04 PM
I think your incorrect about it being free on Dirtvision. I have the monthly pass but it doesn’t appear to be included....another 40.00 if you want to watch.

Jason D. Keefer
duel (Offline)
  #6 7/3/19 11:35 PM
I was a little sceptical that this would be on flo both days. Fortunately for me I will be making my 1st trip to Knoxville for this show.
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Speedsme61x, tirespinner
Points (Offline)
  #7 7/4/19 12:38 AM
I looked back at the Knoxville news and last November was when dirtvision was announced as exclusive PPV provider of the raceway including the corn belt nationals. At the time I am sure this was great news as I believe it predates the Flo deal.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, racer5c, tirespinner, Will Shunk
miledirt (Offline)
  #8 7/4/19 7:29 AM
Originally Posted by Points:
I looked back at the Knoxville news and last November was when dirtvision was announced as exclusive PPV provider of the raceway including the corn belt nationals. At the time I am sure this was great news as I believe it predates the Flo deal.
I think you are spot on correct, DirtVision as exclusive PPV for Knoxville and that would include this weekends show.

But they should just come out and say that this week instead of the carefully worded press release about dual coverage this weekend, etc etc... but only means FloRacing subscribers get the Saturday A main.
5 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, flagboy55, Jerry Shaw, tirespinner
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #9 7/4/19 9:02 AM
Just the Saturday night A main will be streamed live on Flo, which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

A little disappointed, yes. Outraged, no.

Got to see more ‘live USAC Racing’ thanks to Flo than I ever have before for a one off payment of $150.

I hope the entire show will be made available after the event. But if it’s not at least I got to see the main event.

UK USAC fan.
16 Likes: billw, dirt330, erich45, FishBurger, flagboy55, Heromaker, i love dirt track racing, itsanonwingthing, Jbaldwin, Jrp4554, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, RockinRy, ROSS, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #10 7/4/19 6:48 PM
Turn off your computers and devices. Get off the couch/chair and GO to a race track to watch racing. Try Lincoln Park this weekend or Gas City on Saturday. Your physical and mental health will thank you!
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, captrat, Dirteater, dkdorkboy, FishBurger, Jbaldwin, mlamb, PatrickMead#13, RadRacer, robert gatten, Sandy Lowe, scottyCbus, sprinter6p, Stephen Cording, superstock30