IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rhody (Offline)
  #11 5/24/19 1:26 AM
I figured out a long time ago that I can find something to complain about at every race. I also realized that I wasn't the most fun person to go to a race with. Now I try to find the entertainment wherever I can. A few years back I went to a USAC CRA race that had one of the worst surfaces that I have ever seen. Guys just gave up on the racing surface and started running 4 wheels below the berm. Everybody bitched about how bad it was, I just laughed and said it was one of the most unforgettable races I have ever seen. If conversation lags I can bring it up at a party and people will quickly recall where they were sitting and how much of the track they could actually see. Racing may have been lousy, but we made memories!
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, foytfan, JordanBlanton, Pat O'Connor Fan, SDHill89
davidm (Offline)
  #12 5/24/19 11:12 AM
I think it is a society problem. The internet has vastly help this, but my point is, a lot of people seem to get some kind of self justification by being offend or angered by something. Forums and Facebook are full of unhappy people letting everyone who will read their drivel know just how displeased they are. Makes me wonder why some even bother getting out of bed in the morning.

Me I've got two dirt track races I'm going to this weekend. I don't care about car counts or if I'll get dirt in my beer. I'm going to go have a BLAST!
11 Likes: Chief Wahoo, fish, Jbaldwin, Jerry Shaw, jjones752, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, Speedmax3, Spi-nex, TQ29m
captrat (Offline)
  #13 5/24/19 12:11 PM
All very interesting but do not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Remember most of the people on these sites are already fans, so I am not sure so-called complaining actually has much effect. There is a place for criticism and it is not synonymous with complaining.
revjimk (Offline)
  #14 5/24/19 1:27 PM
Ignore the negative comments! You enjoyed racing before the Internet even existed, right?
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, oppweld
oppweld (Offline)
  #15 5/24/19 1:51 PM
I'm not the average fan, I have a track 10 minutes from my house I haven't been to in 5 years. I'd rather drive 4 1/2 hrs to Terre Haute to watch 20 cars. I'd drive 6 hours to Haubstadt just to see hot laps. People have gotten spoiled when we get a run of big fields and epic races and think that is the baseline standard. They all ain't perfect but the Indiana open wheel scene is always great.
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART
haubstadtlover (Offline)
  #16 5/25/19 11:30 AM
You forgot Track Prep sucks, too dusty, parked the water truck, too wet, dry slick, track farming, tractor show too long even though track made perfect for feature etc.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #17 5/25/19 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Ignore the negative comments! You enjoyed racing before the Internet even existed, right?
Yes, to some folks, even a new rope wouldn't be good enough, it's like the guy said, "you pay your money, and you take your chances". How many times have I done that, lots, but somehow I always felt like I got my monies worth! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Can26 (Offline)
  #18 5/25/19 1:01 PM
Do you know whats wrong with sprintcar racing nowdays? Fans....
They seam to think the whole program is all about them!