IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #1 10/9/18 9:46 PM
Very neat that a Deadliest Catch Captain is a Sprint Car Fan. I know he goes to Knoxville every year.
And wears a lot of Racing sweat shirts, on the show!

Capt. Casey McManus
‏ @McManus_Casey
22h22 hours ago

@Discovery @DeadliestCatch @paulmcmahan @JasonJohnsonRac @FarrellFrameWrx Going to have a few special pots on the #CorneliaMarie this year for King Crab!
14 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, davidm, DRFan87, EltoJoe, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, K92, racegal, scottyCbus, superstock30, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
racefan20 (Offline)
  #2 10/9/18 10:02 PM
Both the captains of that boat hung out with Bryan at the speedway a few years back and I think they also went to Kokomo with him.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, EltoJoe, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Spencer, WinglessLovers
SteelCore (Offline)
  #3 10/9/18 10:08 PM
I believe they actually made a whole weekend of it including the Little 500 and maybe more. Very nice guys I talked to them at Kokomo a few years ago.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, EltoJoe, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, WinglessLovers
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #4 10/10/18 8:00 PM
Casey McManus was wearing a Jason Sides shirt on last years episode. Thought that was cool as hell.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing
D Byrd (Offline)
  #5 10/11/18 4:56 PM
Yes. On a whim I reached out to Josh and Casey in April of 2015 and invited them to attend the 500 as the guests of Jonathan Byrd’s Racing. They did Carb Day, the Little 500, Indy, and Kokomo.

They came back in ‘16, with additional guests in tow, and did Carb Day, Indy, and Kokomo again.

Josh and Casey and a couple of their crew also attended Bryan Clauson’s memorial service at Kokomo.

Casey is a big sprint car fan. He was at Knoxville in 2015.
15 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, davidm, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, Jerry Spencer, K92, racefan20, racegal, rachasin, TQ29m