IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
trannyman (Offline)
  #1 6/16/18 9:11 PM
In search of good used KSE tandem style fuel pump.
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 6/17/18 12:58 PM
I may have one, I have both, ps and fuel, is the pump number important? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
trannyman (Offline)
  #3 6/17/18 2:01 PM
Well,maybe..it's for a midget running mechanical pump,to a regulator,then to electronic fuel injection rail.Been told I need at least 190lph.
TQ29m (Online)
  #4 6/17/18 5:10 PM
That's above my pay grade, I'd think you'd want something in a more constant volume pump, like electric, but then what do I know? Bob

trannyman (Offline)
  #5 6/18/18 5:04 PM
It's an RRE thing.I hope you know and are correct.That's what we're fixing to try on it.Lol.MAYBE great minds do think alike.
TQ29m (Online)
  #6 6/18/18 7:16 PM
All I can do is wish you luck, I have thought about it before, but then realized that incest is not a good thing with FI, but maybe it'll work. Good Luck!

TQ29m (Online)
  #7 6/19/18 10:19 AM
Actually when you boil it out, that number is not really that large, the problem is, a mechanical pump won't give the constant pressure needed to operate the electrically controlled injectors, they need a constant pressure, whereas the mechanical injectors rely on the barrel valve to regulate the fuel to the nozzles, that's where I feel the problem would come in, I'm not real interested in parting this setup out, I have the complete setup off of a Toyota that was owned by Bob East, and was supposedly the first midget driven by Jeff Gordon! It's quite a piece of work, huge bodies, machined from billet aluminum, Enderle injectors/nozzles, the ones you can change the hole size with out changing the injectors, got everything from the air filters to the head! Bob

trannyman (Offline)
  #8 6/20/18 7:51 PM
It was already set up like this.It's an RRE thing.We're having mechanical pump issues,and now days not much support for the system.We are switching to an electric pump,so hopefully it will transition over good and work.
TQ29m (Online)
  #9 6/21/18 1:47 PM
Good luck, hope it works out for you, personally, I think the mechanical is a bit more forgiving, but would like to try the electronic someday, call me old school, most everyone does, but I have a hard time with something I don't have a lot of control over, my comfort zone is still with the mechanical. I know, you can just plug in a laptop, and fix it right now, maybe, but I have been down that road with ignitions, that didn't end well! Bob