IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
progressive22 (Offline)
  #1 5/16/18 12:09 PM
Are group is leaving central Illinois for Tri-City bout 1. Also headed to Pevely. Hope they have a good crowd at both tracks so they return.
4 Likes: oppweld, Simon_says17, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Simon_says17 (Offline)
  #2 5/16/18 12:43 PM
I'll be there with bells on! Introducing a few friends to their first ever race, and exposing a few others to their first USAC sprint show. Looking to get out of work early and get to the track around 2 or 3 and tailgate. Should be a beautiful day.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, luckybuc97, oppweld, racing2a, WinglessLovers
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #3 5/16/18 1:53 PM
I wonder if any of the WAR series guys will participate. They draw good #'s when they run in Missouri & Illinois.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Simon_says17, sprinter31, tirespinner
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #4 5/17/18 1:44 PM
My wife and I are headed down to take in the doubleheader with a Cardinals game on Sunday to boot. Hope to see everyone there.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Mrs G, Simon_says17, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #5 5/17/18 1:54 PM
I will be at both.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner, wildman92
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #6 5/17/18 6:47 PM
Originally Posted by Simon_says17:
I'll be there with bells on! Introducing a few friends to their first ever race.
Wow, a classic case of "Baptism by Fire." (Or maybe it's baptism by dirt clods upside the head, if we're talking about Pevely.😉😁

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Simon_says17
Mrs G (Offline)
  #7 5/17/18 7:01 PM
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers:
My wife and I are headed down to take in the doubleheader with a Cardinals game on Sunday to boot. Hope to see everyone there.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
Sounds like a dream weekend!
6 Likes: btg1963, i love dirt track racing, ISF, jim goerge, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #8 5/18/18 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mrs G:
Sounds like a dream weekend!
Yes, Mrs. G it did until Mother Nature decided to ruin the party once again. Tri-City rained out but Pevely looks OK. Baseball game is 50% chance of thunderstorms but that is why they make tarps. Hopefully we can get in two out of three.

Bruce Eckel
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Mrs G