IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
speed bump (Offline)
  #1 4/9/18 12:27 PM
Kokomo ..weather looks like it might just be good this weekend for the Midgets at Kokomo ...Hope So.....
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, jim goerge, OnTheHammer, PIT CART
PAW (Offline)
  #2 4/9/18 2:33 PM
Friday yes, Saturday no!

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #3 4/9/18 2:58 PM
Well thanks for the reminder as this wasn't even on my outlook. Now I gotta choose Bloomington or Kokomo for Fri as it's the only decent looking weather day. Im leaning on Kokomo due to mostly highway, Also gotta check out them new stands, Never been there where I wasn't a Sardine to get good seats

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: mc/rider, MIracing, OnTheHammer, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #4 4/9/18 3:29 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Well thanks for the reminder as this wasn't even on my outlook. Now I gotta choose Bloomington or Kokomo for Fri as it's the only decent looking weather day. Im leaning on Kokomo due to mostly highway, Also gotta check out them new stands, Never been there where I wasn't a Sardine to get good seats
New stands are great, you can get up high & see the whole track (without constantly turning your head), more room too....I fergit if they have seat backs...
speed bump (Offline)
  #5 4/9/18 3:51 PM
I tried the new bleachers also ..they are better than the front ones I think .....
and in the summer the sun wont be in your eyes ....
streetglider (Offline)
  #6 4/9/18 7:47 PM
I gotta disagree. The front stretch bleachers are the best view in the house. You just can’t beat the ambiance on the front stretch and you don’t have to deal with the rowdy drunks that sit on the back stretch.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel
duel (Offline)
  #7 4/9/18 7:51 PM
I am ready for Kokomo this Friday. As for the weather I guess wait till Thursday for a more accurate forecast. I will be happy with seeing any racing this weekend.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tamati, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 4/9/18 8:16 PM
They tested the new lights last night. It is a whole different view
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, fish, jim goerge, oldfan49, PIT CART, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
revjimk (Offline)
  #9 4/9/18 8:48 PM
Originally Posted by streetglider:
I gotta disagree. The front stretch bleachers are the best view in the house. You just can’t beat the ambiance on the front stretch and you don’t have to deal with the rowdy drunks that sit on the back stretch.
To each his own, gives us all space to sit where we want.
I'm certainly not a regular, probably been there 10 times, but haven't seen an obnoxious drunk yet. The guy that had me wondering was carrying a pistol on his hip, on the front stretch. What in the world did he need THAT for? (NOT trying to start a gun debate!!!)
But most of all I'm amazed that somebody used the word "ambiance" referring to a dirt track! (but I get your point...) Do they have a World Class Wine List too?
3 Likes: fish, jim goerge, speed bump
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #10 4/9/18 8:50 PM
The new seats are great. Can't wait to see the lights. Thanks Kokomo.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, speed bump, tirespinner